|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 19, no. 4, 2016 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2016, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 6-11|
P. Lampart, The Szewalski Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery Polish Academy of Sciences (14, Fiszera St., Gdańsk 80-231, Poland), ORCID: 0000-0003-3786-7428
M. A. Chugay, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0002-0696-4527
The influence of the blade trailing edge shape on the flow pattern and integral flow characteristics of radial-axial turbine rotors is investigated. Also a modified analytical method of designing spatial blades of radial-axial rotors with compound lean leading and trailing edges is proposed. A radial-axial rotor designed for a turbo-expander unit of a complex gas treatment plant working in a gas condensate field is chosen as the object of investigations. Three types of rotors are considered having the same geometry of meridional contours, but different shapes of blade trailing edges. In the first type of rotor, the blades have radial trailing edges; in the second type of rotor, straight trailing edges with circumferential lean; and in the third type of rotor, they are designed in the form of an arc leaned in the circumferential direction. It is shown that the application of compound lean trailing edges of low-loaded radial-axial rotor blades allows us to increase the flow efficiency by 3.1% compared with the rotor blades having radial trailing edges.
Keywords: radial-axial turbine, flow path, spatial modeling, spatial flow, numerical modeling, compound lean
- Pasquale, D., Ghidoni, A., & Rebay, S. (2013). Shape Optimization of an Organic Rankine Cycle Radial Turbine Nozzle. Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, no. 135 (4). https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4023118
- Ventura, C. A. M., Jacobs, P. A., Rowlands, A. S., Petrie-Repar, P. & Sauret, E. (2012). Preliminary design and performance estimation of radial inflow turbines: an automated approach. Journal of Fluids Engineering, 134(3):031102-1-031102-13.https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4006174
- Rusanov, A. V., Moiseev, S. V., Sukhorebryi, P. N., Kos’ianova, A. I, & Rusanov, R. A. (2012). Metod proektirovaniia vysokoeffektivnykh protochnykh chastei turbodetan-dernykh agregatov [Method of designing of high-efficiency flow part of turbo expanding assembly]. Aviatsionno-kosmicheskaia tekhnika i tekhnologiia – Aerospace Engineering and Technology, no. 8(95), pp. 67–72.
- Rusanov, A., Rusanov, R., & Lampart, P. (2015). Designing and updating the flow part of axial and radial-axial turbines through mathematical modelling. Open Engineering, vol. 5, iss. 1. https://doi.org/10.1515/eng-2015-0047
- Rusanov, R. A., Rusanov, A. V., Lampart, P., & Chugay, M. A. (2016). Analytical method for profiling of radial stator blades of turbine stages. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 5–11. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2016.03.005
- Klonowicz, P., Heberle, F., Preißinger, M., & Brüggemann, D. (2014). Significance of loss correlations in performance prediction of small scale, highly loaded turbine stages working in Organic Rankine Cycles. Energy, vol. 72, pp. 322–330. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2014.05.040
- Kurzrock, J. W. (1989). Experimental Investigation of Supersonic Turbine Performance. Am. Soc. Mech. Eng, 89-GT-238. https://doi.org/10.1115/89-GT-238
- Yershov, S. V. & Rusanov, A. V. (1996). C. A. The complex program of calculation of three-dimensional gas flows in multistage turbomachinery «FlowER». State Agency of Ukraine on Copyright and Related Rights, PA number 77, 1 p.
- Rusanov, A. V. & Yershov, S. V. (2008). Mathematical modelling of unsteady gasdynamic processes in the turbomachine settings. Ukraine, Kharkov: A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU, 275 p.
Received 20 November 2016
Published 30 December 2016