|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 21, no. 3, 2018 (September)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2018, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 19-30|
Aleksandr Asayenok, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine)
Vladimir Sirenko, Yuzhnoye State Design Office (3, Krivorozhskaya str., Dnipro, 49008, Ukraine)
This article deals with the actual issues of ensuring the dynamic strength of rocketry components using pyrotechnics. It studies the shock interaction of rocket fairing pyrotechnic separation system components during the second phase of the system operation at so-called capturing. The contacting of the system components occurs through a viscoelastic damper. The damper is installed between a movable part and a fixed one to ‘attenuate’ impact due to plastic deformation. The damper acts as a one-way connector − it limits compression and does not prevent separation. The whole structure is assumed to be elastic, and plastic deformation is concentrated in the damper. The mechanical model is represented as a combination of elastic elements and a nonlinear damper. The technique of taking into account the nonlinearity of a damper is based on the introduction of variable boundary forces on the damper ends. In the case of plastic compressive deformations, boundary forces increase the deformation, restrained by elastic forces, and when the contact disrupts (separation), they completely compensate the stresses in the damper model, nullifying them. A three-dimensional computational model of the fairing assembly composite design is constructed. The damper is presented in the form of a continuous thin ring. The finite element method is used. The calculation of the structural dynamics with respect to time is carried out by the Wilson finite-difference method. Verification of the technique on the test problem with the known wave solution is carried out. Calculation studies of the dynamic stress state at different impact speeds for damper variants with different plastic stiffness are performed: steel elastic (damper without holes, ‘rigid’, for comparison); initial (damper with holes, plastic, soft) and rational (damper with a selected characteristic of rigidity). It is shown that the initial damper is inefficient due to insufficient rigidity. The characteristics of plastic stiffness are determined, under which dynamic stresses are significantly reduced in relation to the initial structure. The maximum dynamic stresses in the pyrotechnic separation system of the fairing with rational dampers strongly depend on the impact speed. At significant speeds, they exceed the plasticity limit. A more precise formulation of the ‘catch-up’ task should be carried out taking into account the plasticity in the entire structure.
Keywords: fairing, separation system, impact, stress, contact, damper, plasticity
Full text: Download in PDF
- Potapov, A. M., Kovalenko, V. A., & Kondratyev, A. V. (2015). Sravneniye golovnykh obtekateley sushchestvuyushchikh i perspektivnykh otechestvennykh raket-nositeley i ikh zarubezhnykh analogov [Comparison of head fairings of existing and promising domestic carrier rockets and their foreign counterparts]. Aviats.-kosm. tekhnika i tekhnologiya − Aerospace Technic and Technology, no. 1 (118), pp. 35–43 (in Russian).
- Rusin, M. Yu., Romashin, A. G., & Kamnev, P. I. (2004). Opyt razrabotki golovnykh obtekateley letatelnykh apparatov [Experience in development of head fairings for flying vehicles]. Aviats.-kosm. tekhnika i tekhnologiya − Aerospace Technic and Technology, no. 5 (13), pp. 63–69 (in Russian).
- Mossakovskiy, V. I., Makarenkov, A. G., Nikitin, P. I., & Savvin, Yu. I. (1990). Prochnost raketnykh konstruktsiy: Ucheb. posobiye [Strength of rocket structures: Training manual]. B. I. Mossakovskii (Ed.). Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 359 p. (in Russian).
- Kolesnikov, K. S., Kokushkin, V. V., Borzykh, S. V., & Pankova, N. V. (2006). Raschet i proyektirovaniye sistem razdeleniya stupeney raket: Ucheb. posobiye [Calculation and design of separation systems of rocket stages: Training manual]. Moscow: Izd-vo MGTU im. N. E. Baumana, 376 p. (in Russian).
- Konyukhov, A. S. (2014). Opredeleniye zhestkostnykh i inertsionno-massovykh kharakteristik ortotropnoy gladkoobolochechnoy modeli bikonicheskoy sektsii stvorki golovnogo obtekatelya [Determination of stiffness and inertia-mass characteristics of an orthotropic smooth-shell model of the biconic section of the head cowl flap]. Visnyk NTU «KhPI». Ser.:Transportne Mashynobuduvannia − Bulletin of the NTU “KhPI”. Series: Transport Machine Building, no. 2 (71), pp. 39−46 (in Russian).
- Tsybenko, A. S., Kryshchuk, N. H., Koniukhov, A. S., Koval, V. P., Aksonenko, A. V., & Trubin, A. V. (2006) Rozrobka adekvatnoi matematychnoi modeli doslidzhennia dynamiky stulok holovnoho obtichnyka rakety-nosiia u protsesi polotu i viddilennia [Development of an adequate mathematical model for studying the dynamics of the nose fairing flaps of a launch vehicle in flight process and separation]. Nauk. visti NTU «KhPI» − Science News of NTU “KhPI”, no. 6, pp. 139–148 (in Ukrainian).
- Shulzhenko, N. G., Zaytsev, B. F., Asayenok, A. V., Protasova, T. V., Klimenko, D. V., Larionov, I. F., & Akimov, D. V. (2017). Dinamika elementov sistemy otdeleniya obtekatelya rakety [Dynamics of elements of the rocket fairing system]. Aviats.-kosm. tekhnika i tekhnologiya − Aerospace Technic and Technology, no. 9 (144), pp. 5–13 (in Russian).
- Shulzhenko, N. G., Zaytsev, B. F., Asayenok, A. V., Klimenko, D. V., Batutina, T. Ya., & Burchakov, B. V. (2016). Dinamicheskoye kontaktnoye vzaimodeystviye adapterov kosmicheskoy konstruktsii pri razdelenii [Dynamic contact interaction of adapters of the space structure under separation]. Kosmichna nauka i tekhnolohiia – Space Science and Technology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 12–21 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.15407/knit2016.02.012
- Shulzhenko, M. H., Zaitsev, B. P., Hontarovskyi, P. P., Protasova, T. V., Batutina, T. Ya., & Sheremet, I. V. (2015). Otsinka dynamichnoi reaktsii vuzliv systemy rozdilennia kosmichnoho aparata ta nosiia pry impulsnykh navantazhenniakh [Estimation of the dynamic reaction of spacecraft and launch vehicle separation system units under pulse loads] Kosm. nauka i tekhnolohiia − Space Science and Technology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 15–19 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.15407/knit2015.01.015
- Shulzhenko, N. G., Gontarovskiy, P. P., & Zaytsev, B. F. (2011). Zadachi termoprochnosti, vibrodiagnostiki i resursa energoagregatov (modeli, metody, rezul’taty issledovaniy). [Problems of thermal strength, vibrodiagnostics and resource of power units (models, methods, results of research): Monograph]. Saarbrücken, Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, 370 p. (in Russian).
- Bate, K. & Vilson, Ye. (1982). Chislennyye metody analiza i metod konechnykh elementov [Numerical analysis methods and the finite element method]. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 448 p. (in Russian).
- Birger, I. A. & Shorr, B. F. (Eds.). (1975). Termoprochnost detaley mashin [Thermal strength of machine parts]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 455 p. (in Russian).
- Sakharov, A. S. & Altenbach, I. (Eds.). (1982). Metod konechnykh elementov v mekhanike tverdykh tel [The finite element method in the mechanics of solids]. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola, 480 p. (in Russian).
- Timoshenko, S. P. & Gudyer, Dzh. (1975). Teoriya uprugosti [Theory of elasticity]. Moscow: Nauka, 576 p. (in Russian).
Received 16 May 2018
Published 30 September 2018