|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 21, no. 4, 2018 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2018, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 4-13|
Natalia V. Pashchenko, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi Str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-3936-7331
A new analytical method for constructing axial-radial compressor impellers with compound lean leading and trailing edges is proposed allowing us to describe a wide class of flow paths based on a limited (small) number of parameterized quantities. With the aid of this method there has been designed a new flow path with a typical axial radial impeller for turbo-expander aggregate compressors with flow coefficients in the range from 0.03 to 0.06. To test the method, a numerical study of spatial viscous flows was carried out in the existing and new modifications of the flow path for the typical axial-radial compressor of a low-temperature turbo-expander aggregate. To do that, the IPMFlow software package was used, which is the development of the FlowER and FlowER-U programs. The computational grid consisted of over 600 thousand cells. The developed impeller has a substantially spatial shape, with the leading edges having compound circumferential lean. The new design is shown to have a more favorable flow structure in which there are almost no flow separations. This is ensured due to the spatial shape of the new impeller, including compound radial lean of the leading edges. This form contributes to “pressing” the flow to the peripheral contour in the region of the flow path turn from the axial direction to the radial one, consequently preventing the occurrence of separable vortices. Due to the absence of separable formations in the nominal mode, and thanks to relatively insignificant separations in the off-design mode, there is provided a high level of aerodynamic perfection (high efficiency) of a new typical compressor in the whole range of turbo-detander aggregate operating modes. Thus, in the nominal mode, the compressor efficiency is 6% higher as compared with that of the prototype. The compressor impeller has been introduced in the turbo-detander aggregates for complex gas processing facilities at the extractive enterprises of gas-condensate deposits of Uzbekistan.
Keywords: axial-radial compressor, analytical method of profiling, spatial flow, numerical simulation.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Sharovskiy, M. A., Ivchenko, A. V., & Shelkovskiy, M. Yu. (2006). Raschetnyy i eksperimentalnyy analiz kharakteristik stupeney kompressora, sproyektirovannykh metodom spetsialnogo profilirovaniya [Calculated and experimental analysis of the characteristics of compressor stages, designed by special profiling method.]. Visn. dvyhunobuduvannia − Herald of Aeroengine-building, no. 3, pp. 26–31 (in Russian).
- Reznik, S. B., Yaishnikov, V. I., Khomylev, S. A., Pika, Ye. L., & Yershov, S. V. (2006). Opyt modernizatsii rabochey lopatki vysokoperepadnoy turbiny s ispolzovaniyem raschetnogo i eksperimentalnogo metodov [Experience in the modernization of a working blade of a high-gradient turbine using calculation and experimental methods]. Visn. dvyhunobuduvannia − Herald of Aeroengine-building, no. 1, pp. 37–41 (in Russian).
- Singh, Murari P., Lucas, George M. (2011). Blade design and analysis for steam turbines. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 384 p. ISBN: 978-0-07-163573-8.
- Htwe, Win Lai, Win, Htay Htay, & San, Nyein Aye (2015). Design and thermal analysis of gas turbine blade. International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering, vol. 3, iss. 7, pp. 62–66.
- Kostenko, D. A. (2006). Vozmozhno li proizvodstvo elektroenergii bez szhiganiya topliva [Whether it is possible to generate electricity without burning fuel]. Toplivno-energ. kompleks − Fuel and Energy Complex, no. 11, pp. 23–24 (in Russian).
- Kozachenko, A. N. (1999). Ekspluatatsiya kompressornykh stantsiy magistralnykh gazoprovodov [Operation of compressor stations of main gas pipelines]. Moscow: Neft i gaz, 463 p. (in Russian).
- Kempbel, D. M. (1977). Ochistka i pererabotka prirodnykh gazov [Gas conditioning and processing (Russ. ed.: S. F. Gudkova)]. Moscow: Nedra, 349 p. (in Russian).
- Rusanov, A., Rusanov, R., & Lampart, P. (2015). Designing and updating the flow part of axial and radial-axial turbines through mathematical modeling. Open Engineering, no. 5, pp. 399–410. https://doi.org/10.1515/eng-2015-0047
- Boiko, A. V., Usatyi, O. P., & Barannik, V. S. (2017). Optymizatsiia turbinnykh reshitok z vykorystanniam heometrychnykh kryteriiv yakosti obvodiv profiliu i kanalu [Optimization of turbine lattices using geometric quality criteria for profiles and channel channels]. Visnyk NTU «KhPI». Ser.: Enerhetychni ta Teplotekhnichni Protsesy i Ustatkuvannya − Bulletin of the NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 9 (1231), pp. 6–16 (in Ukrainian).
- Luo, J., Xiong, J., Liu, F., & McBean, I. (2010). Three-dimensional aerodynamic design optimization of a turbine blade by using an adjoint method. ASME. Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 133, no. 1: 011026-011026-11 https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4001166
- Arabnia, M. (2012). Aerodynamic shape optimization of axial turbines in three dimensional flow. Diss. Concordia University Montréal, Québec, Canada, 128 p.
- Yuan, X., Tanuma, T., Zhu, X., Lin, Z., & Nomura, D. (2010). A CFD approach to fluid dynamic optimum design of steam turbine stages with stator and rotor blades. ASME. Turbo Expo: Power for Land, Sea, and Air, vol. 7: Turbomachinery, Parts A, B, and C, pp. 2209–2218. https://doi.org/10.1115/GT2010-22477
- Yershov, S., Rusanov, A., Gardzilewicz, A., & Lampart, P. (1999). Calculations of 3D viscous compressible turbomachinery flows. Proc. 2nd Symp. on Comp. Technologies for Fluid/Thermal/Chemical Systems with Industrial Applications, ASME PVP Division Conf., 1–5 August 1999, Boston, USA, PVP, vol. 397 (2), pp. 143–154.
- Lampart, P., Gardzilewicz, A., Yershov, S., & Rusanov, A. (2001). Investigation of interaction of the Main flow with root and tip leakage flows in an axial turbine stage by means of a source/sink approach for a 3D Navier-Stokes Solver. Journal of Thermal Science, vol. 10, iss. 3, pp. 198–204. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11630-001-0019-4
- Lampart, P., Rusanov, A., Yershov, S., Marcinkowski, S., & Gardzilewicz, A. (2005). Validation of 3D RANS solver with a state equation of thermally perfect and calorically imperfect gas on a multi-stage low-pressure steam turbine flow. ASME. Journals of Fluids Engineering, vol. 127, no. 1, pp. 83–93. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1852491
- Rusanov, A. V., Lampart, P., Pashchenko, N. V., & Rusanov, R. A. (2016). Modelling 3D steam turbine flow using thermodynamic properties of steam IAPWS-95. Polish Maritime Research, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 61–67. https://doi.org/10.1515/pomr-2016-0009
Received 03 September2018
Published 30 December 2018