|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 21, no. 4, 2018 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2018, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 70-75|
Aleksandr L. Lyutikov, Gas Turbine Research and Production Complex Zorya-Mashproekt (42-a, Bohoyavlenskyy Ave., Mykolaiv, 54018, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0002-2335-9273
The processes of designing and developing gas turbine engines (GTE) are based on using mathematical models (MM), reflecting the physical picture of engine operation processes. One of the ways of improving the MM validity is its identification on engine bench test results. Identifying MMs of modern energy GTEs is a very demanding task due to the necessity to identify the main controllable engine parameters determined in the course of experimental studies, depending on a large number of the parameters that are not controlled during the experiment. In this regard, the actual direction of reducing the complexity of the process of identifying MMs is using identification software systems. Developed by the A. N. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU, the methodology and means of identifying the parameters and characteristics of power plants, using experimental data (Otpimum software package), allows one to conduct a directed search for an optimal solution based on modern mathematical methods. This, in turn, leads to a reduction in identification execution time, increases the MM adequacy and allows one to more reliably determine the characteristics of engine components. The article proposes an approach to identifying a non-linear unit MM, with a detailed calculation of a turbine flow path to the level of blade rows on the D045 engine bench test results. It describes the choice of variable and controllable parameters as well as the ranges of their changes. The results of solving the identification problem showed the possibility of using the Optimum software for optimizing and identifying parameters and characteristics of power plants when identifying D045 GTE MMs. The use of the developed methodology for identifying GTE MMs that is based on bench test results, allows one to take into account the maximum number of variable variables and significantly reduce the complexity and time of this process. The analysis of the results shows that with significant deviations of GTE characteristics from design values, a large amount of a priori information is needed to solve the identification problem. On the basis of the information, ranges of changes of variable and controllable parameters are assigned, as well as their values in the first approximation.
Keywords: mathematical model, identification, gas turbine engine, variable parameters, controllable parameters, objective function.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Shen, J., Masiulaniec, K. C., & Afjeh, A. A. (2006). Turbojet engine simulation using dymola. Proceedings of the 42nd AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference & Exhibit (9–12 July 2006), Sacramento, California, USA, vol. 6, pp. 4760–4774. https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2006-4796
- Gomes, K. J., Masiulaniec, K. C., & Afjeh, A. A. (2009). Performance, usage, and turbofan transient simulation comparisons between three commercial simulation tools. Journal of Aircraft, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 699–704. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.38902
- Traverso, A. (2005). TRANSEO code for the dynamic performance simulation of micro gas turbine cycles. ASME Turbo Expo 2005: Power for Land, Sea, and Air, (June 6–9, 2005, Reno, Nevada, USA), vol. 5, pp. 45–54. https://doi.org/10.1115/GT2005-68101
- Pilet, J., Lecordix, J., Garcia-Rosa, N., Barenes, R., & Lavergne, G. (2011). Towards a fully coupled component zooming approach in engine performance simulation. ASME 2011 Turbo Expo: Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition (June 6–10, 2011, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada), vol. 1, pp. 287–299. https://doi.org/10.1115/GT2011-46320
- Kurzke, J. GasTurb 12. Design and off-design performance of gas turbines. Available at: http://www.gasturb.de/manual.html
- GECAT. Available at: http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/6.2000-3893
- GSP 11 User manual. Available at: http://www.gspteam.com
- Morozov, S. A. (2003). Programmnyy kompleks GRAD – gazodinamicheskiye raschety aviatsionnykh dvigateley [GRAD software package – gas-dynamic calculations of aircraft engines. Aerospace technology and equipment]. Aviakosmicheskiye tekhnologii i oborudovaniye: Collected reports of the scientific-practical conference. Kazan: Kazan State Technological University, pp. 190–196 (in Russian).
- Tkachenko, A. Yu., Kuzmichev, V. S., Kulagin, V. V., Krupenich, I. N., & Rybakov, V. N. (2009). Avtomatizirovannaya sistema gazotermodinamicheskikh raschetov i analiza (ASTRA-4) gazoturbinnykh dvigateley i energeticheskikh ustanovok [Automated system of gas-thermodynamic calculations and analysis (ASTRA-4) of gas-turbine engines and power plants]. Proceedings of the international scientific-technical conference Problems and development prospects of engine-building. Samara: Samara State Aerospace University, Ch. 2, pp. 80–82 (in Russian).
- Sinkevich, M. V. (1988). Sovershenstvovaniye metoda issledovaniya i dovodki gazodinamicheskikh kharakteristik sudovykh GTD na baze vysokoinformativnoy matematicheskoy modeli: Dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Improving the method of research and development of the gas-dynamic characteristics of shipboard GTEs based on a highly informative mathematical model (Thesis for the candidate of science degree in engineering)]. Nikolayev: Nikolayev Shipbuilding Institute (in Russian).
- Pchelkin, Yu. M. (1984). Kamery sgoraniya gazoturbinnykh dvigateley [Combustion chambers of gas turbine engines]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 280 p. (in Russian).
- Chobenko, V. N., Paliyenko, R. V., & Lyutikov, A. L. (2013). Matematicheskaya model odnovalnogo GTD D045 [Mathematical model of a single-shaft D045 GTE]. Vostoch.-Evrop. zhurn. peredovykh tekhnologiy – Eastern-European Journal of Enterprize Technologies, vol. 3, no. 12 (63), pp. 18–21 (in Russian).
- Tarelin, A. A., Annopolskaya, I. Ye., Antiptsev, Yu. P., & Parshin, V. V. (2012). Informatsionno-instrumentalnaya sistema dlya resheniya zadach optimizatsii i identifikatsii pri proyektirovanii i dovodke energeticheskikh ustanovok [Information-instrumental system for solving optimization and identification problems in the design and development of power plants]. Visn. nats. tekhn. un-tu «KhPI» − Bulletin of the NTU “KhPI”, no. 8, pp. 17–25 (in Russian).
Received 19 June 2018