|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 22, no. 2, 2019 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2019, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 14-20|
Olga Yu. Chernousenko, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy Ave., Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-1427-8068
Vitaliy A. Peshko, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy Ave., Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0003-0610-1403
To date, the fleet service life of a significant number of DTEK Energy power units is ex-ceeded. In particular, this relates to the structural components of the K-200-130-3 steam turbine of the power unit No. 9 of DTEK Luganskaya TPP. There is a need to make a decision on the admissibility of further exploitation. This requires a comprehensive study of the technological state of the base metal and the check calculation of its most critical high-temperature elements. A complex of such works was performed earlier in 2009. A special feature of re-extending the service life of this power unit is the super long fleet equipment operating time, presence of damages in the form of cracks and crack surfaces in the high- and intermediate-pressure cylinder casings, as well as the active involvement of equipment to operate in maneuverable modes when covering peaks of electrical load. This paper assesses the residual life of casings on the basis of three-dimensional models of the K-200-130-3 steam turbine high-pressure (HP) and intermediate- pressure (IP) cylinder casings. In doing so, the paper takes into account the actual operating conditions according to the damage data obtained from the results of inspecting the power equip-ment metal condition during preventive maintenance overhauls. The calculation of tem-perature fields is performed for typical operation modes, namely stationary operation at nominal power and starts from cold, warm, and hot states. The boundary value problem of heat conduction was solved using the finite element method of computational domain discretization. The calculation of the stress-strain state (SSS) was made taking into ac-count the effects of the main types of forces − temperature stresses, uneven temperature fields, forces from the steam atmosphere pressure, supporting forces. The maximum stress intensities for all the investigated modes of operation are observed in the toroidal parts of cylinder casings in the region of steam admission and correspond to the crack formation zones that were determined during the non-destructive testing of the metal. The assess-ment of long-term strength and low-cycle fatigue resistance showed that the residual life of the high-pressure cylinder (HPC) casing is satisfactory, and allows extending the op-eration by 100 thousand hours with standard safety factors. For the intermediate-pressure cylinder (IPC) casing, the residual life is 50 thousand hours with reduced safety factors.
Keywords: steam turbine, high-pressure cylinder casing, intermediate- pressure cylinder casing, damage, safety factor, low-cycle fatigue, long-term strength, residual life.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Dobrovolskyi, V. Ye., Novychenok, L. M., Zavodnyi, M. A., Mukhopad, H. V., Pasternak, V. P., Horieshnik,A. D., … & Veksler, Ye. Ya. (2005). Kontrol metalu i prodovzhennia terminu ekspluatatsii osnovnykh elementiv kotliv, turbin i truboprovodiv teplovykh elektrostantsii [Metal control and extension of service life of the main elements of boilers, turbines and pipelines of thermal power plants]. Regulatory document of the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine. Typical instruction SOU-N MPE 40.17.401:2004. Kyiv: HRIFRE, Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine, 76 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Shulzhenko, M. H., Hontarovskyi, P. P., Matiukhin, Yu. I., Melezhyk, I. I., & Pozhydaiev, O. V. (2011). Vyznachennia rozrakhunkovoho resursu ta otsinka zhyvuchosti rotoriv i korpusnykh detalei turbin. [Determination of estimated resource and evaluation of rotor life and body parts of turbines: Methodological guidelines. Regulatory document SOU-N MEV 0.1–21677681–52:2011: approved by the Ministry of Energy and Coal Mining of Ukraine: effective as of 07.07.11. Kyiv: Ministry of Energy and Coal Mining of Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
- Chernousenko, O. Yu. & Peshko V. A. (2016). Vplyv roboty enerhoblokiv TES v manevrenomu rezhymi na vycherpannia resursu enerhetychnoho obladnannia [Influence of the operation of the power units of thermal power plants in the maneuvering mode on the aging rate of power equipment]. Visnyk NTU “KhPI”. Ser. Enerhetychni ta teplotekhnichni protsesy y ustatkuvannia – NTU “KhPI” Bulletin: Power and heat engineering processes and equipment, no. 10 (2016), pp. 6–17 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.20998/2078-774X.2016.10.01
- Chernousenko, O. Yu. & Peshko V. A. (2017). Raschetnoye issledovaniye teplovogo i napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya rotora visokogo davleniya turbiny T-100/120-130 st. no. 1 PAO “Kharkovskaya TETS-5” [Computation investigation of the thermal and stress-strain behavior of the high pressure rotor of T-100/120-130 turbine of power unit No. 1 operated by the PJSC “Kharkiv CHPP-5”]. Visnyk NTU “KhPI”. Ser. Enerhetychni ta teplotekhnichni protsesy y ustatkuvannia – NTU “KhPI” Bulletin: Power and heat engineering processes and equipment, no. 9 (2017), pp. 34–40 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.20998/2078-774X.2017.09.05
- Chernousenko, O. Yu. & Peshko V. A. (2017). Otsenka malotsiklovoy ustalosti, povrezhdennosti i ostatochnogo resursa rotora visokogo davleniya turbiny T-100/120-130 st. no. 1 PAO “Khar’kovskaya TETS-5” [Estimating the Low-Cycle Fatigue, Damageability and the Residual Life of the Rotor of High Pressure Turbine T-100/120-130 unit No 1 used by PJSC “Kharkiv CHPP-5”]. Visnyk NTU “KhPI”. Ser. Enerhetychni ta teplotekhnichni protsesy y ustatkuvannia – NTU “KhPI” Bulletin: Power and heat engineering processes and equipment, no. 10 (2017), pp. 29–32 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.20998/2078-774X.2017.10.04
- Detali parovykh statsionarnykh turbin. Raschot na malotsiklovuyu ustalost [Details of steam stationary turbines. Calculation of low-cycle fatigue]. (1985). Technical Guidance RTM no. 108.021.103-85, approved and implemented at the direction of the Ministry of Power Engineering of 13.09.85, no. AZ-002/7382. Moscow, 49 p. (in Russian).
- Metodicheskiye ukazaniya o poryadke provedeniya rabot pri otsenke individual’nogo resursa parovykh turbin i prodlenii sroka ikh ekspluatatsii sverkh parkovogo resursa [Guidelines on the order of work in the evaluation of the individual resource of steam turbines and the extension of their life beyond the fleet life]. (1996). Branch Regularory Document RD17.440-96. Moscow, 98 p. (in Russian).
- Peshko, V., Chernousenko, O., Nikulenkova, T., & Nikulenkov, A. (2016). Comprehensive rotor service life study for high & intermediate pressure cylinders of high power steam turbines. Propulsion and Power Research, vol. 5, iss. 4, pp. 302–309. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jppr.2016.11.008
Received 28 February 2019
Published 30 June 2019