|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 22, no. 2, 2019 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2019, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 21-31|
Mikhail A. Kuznetsov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi Str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0002-5180-8830
Victoria A. Tarasova, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi Str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0003-3252-7619
Dionis Kh. Kharlampidi, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi Str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0003-4337-6238
A method is developed for optimally designing vacuum-evaporative heat pumps that use water (R718) as a refrigerant. This method is based on the autonomous method of the thermoeconomic optimization of thermodynamic systems, and makes it possible, when optimizing the design and choosing economical modes of system operation, to simultaneously take into account both thermodynamic and economic parameters. When solving the optimization problem, the resulting costs (RC) of creating and operating the system during the estimated service life are taken as the objective function. The mini-mum of RCs corresponds to the optimal characteristics of the system while maintaining its performance. The development of the thermo-economic model of the vacuum-evaporative heat pump made it possible to represent the objective function in the form of detailed analytical expressions that take into account the relationship between all the optimizing parameters of the system. The numerical solution to the problem of the thermoeconomic optimization of the operating and design parameters of the vacuum-evaporative heat pump embedded in the cooling system of the second circuit of thermal and nuclear power plants (TPP and NPP) allowed finding the optimal system parame-ters ensuring the conditions for achieving the minimum RCs. At the same time, for 25 years of operation, the estimated value of the RCs of this heat pump was reduced by 35% through a more rational distribution of energy flows therein. An analytical solu-tion to the optimization problem in the form of a system of partial derivatives of the objective function of RCs for all optimizing variables is suitable for any heat pump op-erating according to the considered scheme and with a similar type of equipment. The influence of the electricity tariff variability and yearly active time of the vacuum-evaporative heat pump on the economic effect of its thermoeconomic optimization is investigated. The application of the developed methodology in practice should help reduce the financial costs for creating and operating vacuum-evaporative heat pumps that use water as a refrigerant, increase their competitiveness compared to traditional freon systems and create the conditions for their large-scale implementation.
Keywords: thermoeconomic model, vacuum-evaporative heat pump, exergy losses, resulting costs.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Li, Q., Piechna, J., & Müller, N. (2011). Numerical simulation of novel axial impeller patterns to compress water vapor as refrigerant. Energy, vol. 36, iss. 5, pp. 2773–2781. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2011.02.017
- Šarevski, M. N. & Šarevski, V. N. (2016). Water (R718) turbo compressor and ejector refrigeration. Heat pump technology. Elsevier Ltd, 304 p. https://doi.org/10.1016/C2015-0-01782-8
- Šarevski, M. N. & Šarevski, V. N. (2014). Preliminary study of a novel R718 refrigeration cycle with single stage centrifugal compressor and two-phase ejector. International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 40, pp. 435–449. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2013.12.005
- Patil, M. & Muller, N. (2013). Structural analysis of continuous fiber wound composite impellers of a multistage high-speed counter rotating axial compressor for compressing water vapor (R-718) as refrigerant using Finite Element Analysis. Materials and Design, vol. 50, pp. 683–693. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2013.03.004
- Chamoun, M., Rulliere, R., Haberschill, P. & Berail, J. F. (2012). Dynamic model of an industrial heat pump using water as refrigerant. International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 35, iss. 4, pp. 1080–1091. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2011.12.007
- Chamoun, M., Rulliere, R., Haberschill, P., & Peureux, J-L. (2014). Experimental and numerical investigations of a new high temperature heat pump for industrial heat recovery using water as refrigerant. International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 44, pp. 177– https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2014.04.019
- Dolinskiy, A. A. & Brodyanskiy, V. M. (Eds.) (1991). Eksergeticheskiye raschety tehnicheskikh sistem: sprav. posobiye [Exergy calculations of technical systems: Reference manual]. Kiyev: Naukova dumka, 361 p. (in Russian).
- Protsenko, V. P. & Kovyilkin, N. A. (1985). Vybor optimalnykh temperaturnykh naporov v teploobmennikakh teplonasosnoy ustanovki [Selection of optimal temperature pressures in heat exchangers of a heat pump installation]. Kholodilnaya tekhnika – Refrigeration technique, no. 6, pp. 11–14 (in Russian).
- Tribus, M. & Evans, R. B. (1962). The thermoeconomics of sea water conversion. UCLA Report, no. 62-63, Aug., 241 p.
- El-Sayed, J. M., & Evans, R. B. (1970). Thermoeconomics and the design of heat systems. Journal of Engineering for Power, vol. 92, iss. 1, pp. 27–35. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3445296
- Onosovskiy, V. V. (1990). Modelirovaniye i optimizatsiya kholodilnykh ustanovok [Refrigeration plants modeling and optimization ]. Leningrad: LTIRI, 205 p. (in Russian).
- Matsevityiy, Yu. M., Kharlampidi, D. Kh., Tarasova, V. A., & Kuznetsov, M. A. (2016). Termoekonomicheskaya diagnostika i optimizatsiya parokompressornyih termotransformatorov [Thermoeconomic diagnostics and optimization of vapor compression thermotransformers]. Kharkov: ChP «Tekhnologicheskiy Tsentr», 160 p. (in Russian).
- Kharlampidi, D. Kh., Tarasova, V. A., Kuznetsov, M. A., & Omelichkin, S. N. (2017). Analiz i sintez skhemno-tsiklovykh resheniy vakuumno-isparitelnykh teplonasosnykh ustanovok [Analysis and synthesis of scheme-cycle solutions of vacuum-evaporative heat pumps]. Tehnicheskie gazyi – Industrial Gases, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 16–26 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.18198/j.ind.gases.2017.0883
- Matsevityiy, Yu. M., Kharlampidi, D. Kh., Tarasova, V. A., & Kuznetsov, M. A. (2018). Innovatsionnyie sistemy i termotransformatsii. Analiz. Sintez. Optimizatsiya [Innovative thermal transformation systems. Analysis. Synthesis. Optimization]. Kharkov: ChP «Tekhnologicheskiy Tsentr», 192 p. (in Russian).
- Matsevityiy, Yu. M., Chirkin, N. B., & Kuznetsov, M. A. (2010). Termoekonomicheskiy analiz teplonasosnoy sistemy teplosnabzheniya [Thermoeconomic analysis of heat pump heating system]. Problemy Mashinostroyeniya – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 42–51 (in Russian).
- Kuznetsov, M. A. (2012). Termoekonomicheskiy analiz teplonasosnoy sushilnoy ustanovki [Thermoeconomic analysis of a heat pump dryer]. Problemy Mashinostroyeniya – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 15, no. 1, pp. 36–42 (in Russian).
- Kuznetsov, M., Kharlampidi, D., Tarasova, V. & Voytenko, E. (2016). Thermoeconomic optimization of supercritical refrigeration system with the refrigerant R744 (CO2). Eastern-European Journal Enterprise Technologies, vol. 6, no. 8 (84), pp. 24–32. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.85397
- Morandin, M., Mercangöz, M., Hemrle, J., Marechal, F., & Favrat, D. (2013) Thermoeconomic design optimization of a thermo-electric energy storage system based on transcritical CO2 cycles. Energy, vol. 58, pp. 571–587. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2013.05.038
- Lachner Jr., B. F., Nellis, G. F., & Reindl, D. T. (2007). The commercial feasibility of the use of water vapor as a refrigerant. International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 30, iss. 4. pp. 699–708. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2006.09.009
- Gokhshteyn, D. P. (1969). Sovremennyye metody termodinamicheskogo analiza energeticheskikh ustanovok [Modern methods of thermodynamic analysis of power plants]. Moscow: Energiya, 368 p. (in Russian).
- Klimenko, V. N., Landau, Yu. A., & Sigal, I. Ya. (Eds.) (2011). Energetika: Istoriya, nastoyashcheye i budushcheye v 5 t. T. 3. Razvitiye teploenergetiki i gidroenergetiki [Energy: history, present and future (Vol. 1-5). Vol. 3. Development of power system and hydropower]. Kiyev: Lira, 400 p. (in Russian).
Received 29 March 2019
Published 30 June 2019