|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 22, no. 3, 2019 (September)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2019, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 50-56|
Oleksandr V. Koshelnik, National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” (2, Kyrpychov Str., Kharkiv, 61002, Ukraine), V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (4, Svoboda Sq., Kharkiv, 61022, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0001-6521-4403
Olha V. Kruhliakova, National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” (2, Kyrpychov Str., Kharkiv, 61002, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0003-1113-826X
Olha V. Dolobovska, National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” (2, Kyrpychov Str., Kharkiv, 61002, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0001-8222-4136
Today, the most effective means of using the energy potential of the secondary energy resources of industrial enterprises is the use of cogeneration utilization systems. This makes it possible to concurrently obtain both heat and electrical energy, and significantly reduce heat losses. This paper proposes that sheet glass producing enterprises use additional utilization systems for making use of heat from glass furnace gases. The current state of hydrogen use during glass production is analyzed. A scheme of energy technology complex with a hydrogen turbine and a metal hydride system for the combined production of heat and electric energy is developed. A calculation and theoretical study has been conducted to determine the main parameters of the hydrogen heat recovery system in the range of furnace gas temperatures from 523 to 673 K, as well as the efficiency of the system application. Using the developed mathematical model of the processes of heat and mass transfer in metal hydrides, we obtained data regarding the operating parameters of the thermosorption compressor, which allowed us to determine the structural characteristics of the metal hydride system as a whole. As a result of the calculation, we obtained coolant characteristics at hydrogen circuit key points, and determined the hydrogen turbine power. The electric energy produced in it can be used for the electrolyzer of the hydrogen station of an enterprise. The oxygen generated during the electrolysis process is added to the combustion air, which will increase the combustion temperature of the fuel mixture and increase glass furnace efficiency. Thus, a complex of proposed measures for the utilization of the energy potential of glass furnace gases will allow us to increase the energy efficiency of sheet glass production and the competitiveness of glass-producing enterprises.
Keywords: glass production, energy technology complex, hydrogen, metal hydride system, heat and mass transfer processes.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Solovei, V. V., Chorna, N. A., & Koshelnik, O. V. (2011). Rozrobka naukovo-tekhnichnykh pryntsypiv stvorennia teplovykorystovuiuchykh metalohidrydnykh system [Development of scientific and technical principes in making heat applying metal hydride systems]. Enerhozberezhennia. Enerhetyka. Enerhoaudyt – Energy saving. Power engineering. Energy audit , no. 7 (89). pp. 67–73 (in Ukrainian).
- Koshelnik, O. V. & Chorna, N. A. (2012). Rozrobka ta analiz skhem vysokoefektyvnykh vodnevykh enerhoperetvoriuiuchykh ustanovok [Development and analysis of highly efficient hydrogen power installations circuits]. Visnyk NTU «KhPI». Ser.: Enerhetychni ta Teplotekhnichni Protsesy i Ustatkuvannya − Bulletin of the NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 7, pp. 170–174 (in Ukrainian).
- Matsevytyi, Yu. M., Rusanov, A. V., Solovei, V. V., & Koshelnik, О. V. (2015). Rozrobka termohazodynamichnykh osnov stvorennia vysokoefektyvnykh vodnevykh turboustanovok z termokhimichnym styskom robochoho tila [Development of thermodynamic bases for the creation of high-efficiency hydrogen turbines with thermochemical compression of the working fluid]. Voden v alternatyvnii enerhetytsi ta novitnikh tekhnolohiiakh [Hydrogen in alternative energy and new technologies (In V. V. Skorokhod, (Ed.)]. Kyiv: КІМ, pр. 261–267 (in Ukrainian).
- Kondrashov, V. I. (Ed.) (2005). Proizvodstvo listovogo stekla float-sposobom [Production of sheet glass by float method]. Saratov: Saratovstroysteklo, 35 p. (in Russian).
- Solovey, V. V., Shmalko, Yu. F., & Lototskiy, M. V. (1998). Metallogidridnyye tekhnologii. Problemy i perspektivy [Metal hydride technologies. Challenges and Prospects]. Problemy mashinostroyeniya – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 115–132 (in Russian).
- Chorna, N. A. (2013). Udoskonalennia matematychnoi modeli teplomasoobminnykh protsesiv u vodnevykh metalohidrydnykh systemakh [Improvement of mathematical model of heat and mass transfer processes in hydrogen metal hydride systems]. Problemy mashynobuduvannia – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 68–72 (in Ukrainian).
- Chorna, N. A. & Hanchyn, V. V. (2018). Modeling heat and mass exchange processes in metal-hydride installations. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 63–70. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2018.04.063
- Matsevityy, Yu. M. (2003). Obratnyye zadachi teploprovodnosti: v 2-kh t. T. 2. Prilozheniya [Inverse problems of heat conduction: in 2 vols. Vol. 2: Applications]. Kiyev: Nauk. dumka, 392 p. (in Russian).
- Ivanovskiy, A. I., Popovich, V. A., Solovey, V. V. , & Makarov A. A. (1987). Issledovaniye rezhimnykh kharakteristik metallogidridnykh termosorbtsionnykh kompressorov [Study of operational characteristics of metal hydride thermosorption compressors]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Atomnaya vodorodnaya energetika i tekhnologiya – Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Hydrogen atomic energy and technology, iss. 3, pp. 56–61 (in Russian).
- Khzmalyan, D. M. & Kagan, Ya. A. (1976). Teoriya goreniya i topochnyye ustroystva [Combustion theory and furnace devices]. Moscow: Energiya, 248 p. (in Russian).
Received 25 June 2019
Published 30 September 2019