|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 22, no. 4, 2019 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2019, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 32-40|
The elastic-stress state of internal high pressure (HP) casings of 300 and 500 MW steam turbines is estimated using a three-dimensional computational structural model. The internal molded HP casings, which have a complex spatial form and work under conditions of complex power and thermal loading, are some of the most responsible and expensive steam turbine elements, limiting turbine resources. The simplified computational models used in engineering practice did not allow us to evaluate a number of factors determining stress-strain state (SSS) peculiarities. To clarify the distribution of stresses across the structure of internal HP casings, the SSS problem is solved in a three-dimensional setting with taking into account both the operating conditions and contact interaction of flanges. To determine the degree of influence of individual factors on the SSS, the factors are taken into account sequentially. At this stage, the SSS problem of the internal HP casing is solved in an elastic setting, without taking into account the influence of temperature stresses and deformations. The solution to the contact problem in the flange connections of internal HP casings is based on the application of the contact layer model. Probable contact zones are represented by contact elements, the mechanical interaction of contact surfaces being determined by their mutual penetration. The problem of determining the SSS of the internal HP casings of the K-325-23.5 and K-540-23.5 turbines in a three-dimensional setting is solved with using the finite element method (FEM), the total number of elements being 19,553 and 1,780,141, respectively. The created finite element (FE) models take into account the contact interaction of the flanges of the two casing halves in the horizontal connector zone. In the contact zones, the mesh thickens. Results of the calculated estimation of the SSS of the internal HP casings of 300 and 500 MW steam turbines are given for the elastic deformation, taking into account the influence loads arising during the installation and operation of the turbines.
Keywords: turbine, flange connection, horizontal connector, internal casing, high pressure cylinder, stress-strain state, differential pressure, boundary conditions, calculated estimation, joint face.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Denysiuk, S. P. & Baziuk, T. M. (2013). Analiz vplyvu nerivnomirnosti spozhyvannia elektroenerhii [Analysis of the influence of uneven electricity consumption]. Skhidno-yevropeiskyi zhurnal peredovykh tekhnolohii – Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, vol. 4, no. 8 (64), pp. 9–13 (in Ukrainian).
- Levashov, V. A. (1991). Razrabotka metoda rascheta termonapryazhennogo sostoyaniya korpusnykh i rotornykh detaley tsentrobezhnykh gazoperekachivayushchikh agregatov [Development of a method for calculating the thermally stressed state of body and rotor parts of centrifugal gas-pumping units]: thesis … Cand. Sci. (Engineering), Kharkov, Kharkov Polytechnic Institute, 211 p. (in Russian).
- (1975).GOST 20700-75 Bolty, shpilki, gayki i shayby dlya flantsevykh i ankernykh soyedineniy s temperaturoy sredy ot 0º do 650º [Bolts, studs, nuts and washers for flange and anchor joints with a medium temperature from 0º to 650º]. Moscow: Izdatelstvo standartov, 22 p. (in Russian).
- Stanyukovich, A. V. (eds.) (1966). Svoystva staley i splavov, primenyayemykh v kotloturbostroyenii [Properties of steels and alloys used in boiler turbine construction]. Leningrad: Tsentralnyy kotloturbinnyy institut, 2019 p. (in Russian).
- Deryagin, A. A. (2013). Formoobrazovaniye i animatsiya 3D-obyektov na osnove tetragonalnoy regulyarnoy setki [Formation and animation of 3D objects based on a tetragonal regular mesh]. Prikladnaya informatika – Journal of Applied Informatics, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 94–101 (in Russian).
- Zenkevich, O. K. (1975). Metod konechnykh elementov v tekhnike [Finite Element Method in Engineering]. Moscow: Mir, 541 p. (in Russian).
- Spivak, A. S. (1967). Mekhanika gornykh porod. (Primenitelno k protsessam razrusheniya pri burenii skvazhin) [Rock Mechanics. (In relation to the processes of destruction during well drilling)]. Moscow: Nedra, 192 p. (in Russian).
- Turenko, A. N., Bogomolov, V. A., & Stepchenko, A. S. (2003). Kompyuternoye proyektirovaniye i raschet na prochnost detaley avtomobilya: uchebnoye posobiye [Computer design and strength analysis of car parts: Tutorial]. Kharkov: Kharkov National Automobile and Highway University, 336 p. (in Russian).
- (1986). Turbiny parovyye statsionarnyye. Normy rascheta na prochnost’ korpusov tsilindrov i klapanov [Stationary steam turbines. Strength calculation standards for cylinder bodies and valves]: Industry Standard OST 108.020.132-85. Moscow: Ministry of Power Engineering, 32 p. (in Russian).
- Safonov, L. P., Seleznev, K. P., & Kovalenko, A. N. (1983). Teplovoye sostoyaniye vysokomanevrennykh parovykh turbin [Thermal state of highly maneuverable steam turbines]. Leningrad: Mashinostroyeniye, 295 p. (in Russian).
- Shulzhenko, N. G., Gontarovskiy, P. P., & Zaytsev, B. F. (2011). Zadachi termoprochnosti, vibrodiagnostiki i resursa energoagregatov (modeli, metody, rezultaty issledovaniy). [Problems of thermal strength, vibrodiagnostics and resource of power units (models, methods, results of research)]. Saarbrücken, Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, 370 p. (in Russian).
- Shvetsov, V. L., Gubskiy, A. N., Palkov, I. A., & Palkov, S. A. (2012). Prochnost vysokonapryazhennykh elementov parovoy turbiny [Strength of high-stressed elements of a steam turbine]. Vestn. NTU «KhPI». Ser. Energeticheskiye i teplotekhnicheskiye protsessy i oborudovaniye – Bulletin of NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 7, pp. 70–75 (in Russian).
Received 18 November 2019