|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 23, no. 1, 2020 (March)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2020, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 52-58|
Andrii A. Rudenko, Joint-Stock Company Research and Design Institute for Atomic and Power Pumpbuilding (JSC VNIIAEN) (2, 2nd Zaliznychna St., Sumy, Ukraine, 40003), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0001-7267-4555
Volodymyr I. Zaitsev, Joint-Stock Company Research and Design Institute for Atomic and Power Pumpbuilding (JSC VNIIAEN) (2, 2nd Zaliznychna St., Sumy, Ukraine, 40003), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0003-1354-0703
Yuliia V. Sirobaba, Joint-Stock Company Research and Design Institute for Atomic and Power Pumpbuilding (JSC VNIIAEN) (2, 2nd Zaliznychna St., Sumy, Ukraine, 40003), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0003-0018-0294
Among the main components that largely affect the operational reliability of centrifugal pumps are bearing assemblies. Based both on the generalization of theoretical data and practical skills in selecting bearings, specialists of JSC VNIIAEN developed basic design modules, in which a general approach to the selection and analysis of the performance of bearing assemblies is laid. These design modules can work either as separate units or as part of an integrated module that allows us to calculate the thermal balance of the bearing assembly system with taking into account a number of factors, such as lubrication conditions, cooling methods, mandatory verification of the recommended design features of both individual system elements and basic critical performance indicators of a bearing. Functional cause-effect relationships of the module can help better understand the problems that arise during the operation of bearings. This paper discusses JSC VNIIAEN’s in-house design modules for selecting pump bearing assemblies, and proposes a new method for designing bearing assemblies, with the method based on the integrated use of individual modules represented as an integrated module in the form of a computer-aided design (CAD) system. The flexibility of the methodology used allows us to supplement and improve the developed design modules included in the integrated module in the form of a CAD system by using the results of scientific research, feedback from operational locations, and constant monitoring of various information sources.
Keywords: rolling bearings, sliding bearings, design modules, lubrication, cooling, performance, thermal balance of the system.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Chernavskiy, S. A. & Reshchikov, V. F. (1976). Spravochnik metallista [The Metalworker’s Handbook]: in 5 vols. Vol. 1. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 768 p. (in Russian).
- Voskresenskiy, V. A. & Dyakov, V. I. (1980). Raschet i proyektirovaniye opor skolzheniya (zhidkostnaya smazka) [Calculation and design of sliding bearings (liquid lubrication)]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 223 p. (in Russian).
- (2018). SKF general catalog. Rolling bearings. PUB BU/P1 17000/1 EN, 1152 p. URL: https://www.skf.com/ua/uk/products/index.html.
- Anuryev, V. I. & Zhestkova, I. N. (Ed.) (2006). Spravochnik konstruktora-mashinostroitelya [Handbook of a mechanical design engineer]: in 3 vols. Vol. 3. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 928 p. (in Russian).
- Heinz, P. Bloch. (2005). Centrifugal pump cooling and lubricant application. 22nd Intern. Pump User Symposium, 19 p.
- Mikheyev, M. A. & Mikheyeva, I. M. (1977). Osnovy teploperedachi [Fundamentals of heat transfer]. Moscow: Energiya, 344 p. (in Russian).
- Perel, L. Ya. (1983). Podshipniki kacheniya: Raschet, proyektirovaniye i obsluzhivaniye opor [Rolling bearings: Calculation, design and maintenance of bearings]: A Handbook. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 543 p. (in Russian).
- (2010). API STD 610:2010. Centrifugal pumps for petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries. 11th Ed, 218 p.
- Ali, Mohammed, Gadakh, Sachin T., & Somani, S. K. (2015). A software tool to find operating temperature of hydrodynamic journal bearing considering effect of various bearing design parameters. International Journal Of Environment, Science And Technology, vol. 1, iss. 2, pp. 37–44.
- Nafﬁn, R. K. & Chang, L. (2010). An analytical model for the basic design calculations of journal bearings. Journal of Tribology, vol. 132, iss. 2, pp. 213–228. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4000941.
Received 02 October 2019
Published 30 March 2020