|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 23, no. 2, 2020 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2020, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 6-14|
In order to improve the flow part of the control system and enhance energy performance, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems NAS of Ukraine has developed a three-stage control system section of the K-325-23.5 steam turbine high-pressure module (HP), that has no equalization chamber. To determine the effectiveness of the control section’s gas-dynamic improvement, the problem of the turbulent flow spatial structure studying was stated. For this, a numerical simulation of the steam flow was carried out in the rated mode, taking into account the partiality of the supply. The main task of the numerical simulation was to identify the magnitude of circumferential irregularity of gas-dynamic parameters in the first stages of the section and at the outlet. Spatial calculations of the steam flow in the studied flow parts were carried out using the IPMFlow software package for the spatial turbulent flow modeling in turbomachines developed at Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems NAS of Ukraine. The study of the steam flow circular irregularity for modes with mass flow rates of 100%, 70% and 50% was carried out. The 70% and 50% modes are characterized by two closed control valves out of four, which corresponds to 37% of open blade channels. The results and analysis of the three modes calculations are presented in the form of distributions of mass flow rates and pressures in the stage gaps and at the section outlet. The graphs clearly show that the irregularity of the specific flow rate remains until the last stage, meanwhile the pressure irregularity is insignificant for all the considered modes. An analysis of the simulation results shows a rather slight irregularity of the steam parameters at the outlet of the control section in the partial modes and insignificant irregularity in the design mode. Based on the results of the analysis, a conclusion about the effectiveness of the new control section use for the steam turbine K-325-23.5 modernization was made. To implement the new control section, it is reasonable to study the level of unsteady loads on the HP blades further.
Keywords: numerical simulation, spatial flow, steam turbine, nozzle control system, high-pressure module.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Shcheglyayev, A. V. (1993). Parovyye turbiny. Teoriya teplovogo protsessa i konstruktsii turbin [Steam turbines. Theory of the thermal process and turbine design]. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 416 p. (in Russian).
- Boyko, A. V., Usatyy, A. P., & Avdeyeva, Ye. P. (2014). Chislennoye issledovaniye effektivnosti uravnitelnoy kamery za reguliruyushchey stupenyu na raznykh rezhimakh raboty [A numerical study of the efficiency of the equalization chamber behind the control stage at different operating modes]. Vestnik NTU «KhPI». Seriya: Energeticheskiye i teplotekhnicheskiye protsessy i oborudovaniye − Bulletin of the NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 1 (1044), pp. 6–11 (in Russian).
- Rusanov, A. V., Kosyanova, A. I., & Kosyanov, D. Yu. (2015) Issledovaniye struktury potoka v reguliruyushchem otseke TSVD parovoy turbiny K-325-23.5 na rezhime partsialnosti 0,4 [Study of the flow structure in the control section of the HP module of a steam turbine K-325-23.5 at a partial mode of 0.4]. Aviatsionno-kosmicheskaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya − Aerospace Technic and Technology, no. 9, pp. 75–80 (in Russian).
- Boyko, A. V., Govorushchenko, Yu. N., & Usatyy, A. P. (2012). Otsenka vliyaniya mezhventsovogo zazora na effektivnost reguliruyushchey stupeni na peremennom rezhime [Evaluation of the effect of the inter-row gap on the effectiveness of the control stage in alternating mode]. Vestnik NTU «KhPI». Seriya: Energeticheskiye i teplotekhnicheskiye protsessy i oborudovaniye − Bulletin of the NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 7, pp. 49−53 (in Russian).
- Rusanov, A. V. & Yershov, S. V. (2008). Matematicheskoye modelirovaniye nestatsionarnykh gazodinamicheskikh protsessov v protochnykh chastyakh turbomashin: monografiya [Mathematical modeling of unsteady gas-dynamic processes in flow parts of turbomachines: monograph]. Kharkov: IPMash NAN Ukrainy, 275 p. (in Russian).
- Menter, F. R. (1994). Two-equation eddy viscosity turbulence models for engineering applications. AIAA Journal, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1598–1605. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.12149.
- Godunov, S. K., Zabrodin, A. V., & Ivanov, M. Ya. (1976) Chislennoye resheniye mnogomernykh zadach gazovoy dinamiki [Numerical solution of multidimensional problems of gas dynamics]. Moscow: Nauka, 400 p. (in Russian).
Received 22 May 2020
Published 30 June 2020