|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 23, no. 3, 2020 (September)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2020, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 27-36|
Maksym O. Dehtiarov, Yuzhnoye State Design Office (3, Krivorizka St., Dnipro, 49008, Ukraine)
Anatolii P. Dziuba, Yuzhnoye State Design Office (3, Krivorizka St., Dnipro, 49008, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0001-6331-7783
A technique has been developed for reducing the material intensity of highly stressed tail sections of launch vehicles, taking into account strength and stability constraints as well as technological requirements. A cylindrical longitudinally and transversely ribbed waffle-grid (lattice) shell with rectangular holes is taken as the design scheme of the tail section, with its lower end being fastened at locations of support brackets, and the upper one being loaded with longitudinal compressive forces, evenly distributed along the contour, due to the action of the weight of higher-located structure elements. The optimization algorithm is based on the principle of ensuring discrete uniform strength of individual elements (substructures). The structural geometric dimensions of cross-sections of a standard tail section and the stiffness parameters of longitudinal and transverse load-bearing frames, the wall thicknesses of shell elements, the dimensions of lattice shells, etc., are selected from the requirements of stress-strength reliability: constraints on the limiting values of equivalent stresses (strength conditions), compressive stresses of the local and general buckling, and a number of design and technological requirements. The direct calculation of the tail section and the search for its variable geometric parameters are proposed to be performed using an interactive numerical-analytical (finite element method – engineering analysis) algorithm. The initial calculation of the static stress-strain state of the lattice-reinforced tail section was carried out by the finite element method, which is implemented in the NASTRAN package. To discretize the shell and its ribbing, flat finite elements were used. In the process of the finite-element numerical modeling of the tail section state, the reliability of the obtained results of calculating the equivalent stresses was analyzed by studying the convergence of the results of calculations on a series of meshes with different refinement. Results of the application of the developed technique to reduce the mass of the standard tail section of the Antares launch vehicle are presented.
Keywords: launch vehicle, tail section, material consumption, stress-strain state.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Degtyarev, A. V. (2014). Raketnaya tekhnika. Problemy i perspektivy [Rocket technology. Problems and prospects]: Selected scientific and technical publications. Dnepropetrovsk: ART-PRESS, 420 p.
- Mossakovskiy, V. I., Makarenkov, A. G., Nikitin, P. I., Savin, Yu. I., & Spiridonov, I. N. (1990). Prochnost raketnykh konstruktsiy [Strength of rocket structures]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 358 p.
- Balabukh, L. I., Kolesnikov, K. S., Zarubin, V. S., Alfutov, N. A., Usyukin, V. I., & Chizhov, V. F. (1969). Osnovy stroitelnoy mekhaniki raket [Fundamentals of structural mechanics of rockets]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 496 p.
- Usyukin, V. I. (1988). Stroitelnaya mekhanika konstruktsiy kosmicheskoy tekhniki [Structural mechanics of structures of space technology]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 392 p.
- Kurenkov, V. I. & Yumashev, L. P. (2005). Vybor osnovnykh proyektnykh kharakteristiki konstruktivnogo oblika raket nositeley [Choice of the main design characteristics of the design of the carrier rockets]. Samara: Samara Aerospace University, 240 p.
- Degtyarev, M. A. & Avramov, K. V. (2019). Numerical simulation of the stress-strain state of the rocket pretention module. Strength of Materials, vol. 51, iss. 5, pp. 707–714. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-019-00119-z.
- Degtyarev, M. А., Shapoval, A. V., Gusev, V. V., Avramov, K. V., & Sirenko, V. N. (2019). Structural optimization of waffle shell sections in launch vehicles. Strength of Materials, vol. 51, iss. 2, pp. 223–230. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-019-00068-7.
- Lizin, V. T. & Pyatkin, V. A. (1985). Proyektirovaniye tonkostennykh konstruktsiy [Design of thin-walled structures]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 344 p.
- Manevich, A. I. (1979). Ustoychivost i optimalnoye proyektirovaniye podkreplennykh obolochek [Stability and optimal design of reinforced shells]. Kiyev; Donetsk: Vysshaya shkola, 152 p.
- Obraztsov, I. F. (Eds.) (1986). Stroitelnaya mekhanika letatelnykh apparatov [Building mechanics of aircraft]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 536 p.
- Malkov, V. P. & Ugodchikov, A. G. (1981). Optimizatsiya uprugikh sistem [Optimization of elastic systems]. Moscow: Nauka, 288 p.
- Himmelblau, D. M. (1972). Applied nonlinear programming. New York: McGraw-Hill Education – Europe, 416 p.
- Dziuba, A. P., Sirenko, V. M., Dziuba, A. A., & Safronova, I. A. (2018). Modeli ta alhorytmy optymizatsii elementiv neodnoridnykh obolonkovykh konstruktsii [Models and algorithms for optimizing elements of inhomogeneous shell structures]: in Aktualni problemy mekhaniky [Actual problems of mechanics] by Poliakov, M. V. (Eds.). Dnipropetrovsk: Lira, pp. 225–243.
- Hudramovich, V. S. & Dzyuba, A. P. (2009). Contact interaction and optimization of locally loaded shell structures. Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 162, pp. 231–245. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10958-009-9634-5.
- Gudramovich, V. S., Gart, E. L., Klimenko, D. V., Tonkonozhenko, A. M., & Ryabokon, S. A. (2011). Konechno-elementnyy analiz uprugo-plasticheskogo napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya otsekov raketnykh konstruktsiy s vyrezami [Finite-element analysis of the elastic-plastic stress-strain state of the compartments of rocket structures with cutouts]. Tekhnicheskaya mekhanika – Technical Mechanics, vol. 4, pp. 52–61.
- Razani, R. (1965). Behavior of fully stressed design of structures and its relationship to minimum-weight. AIAA Journal, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 115–124. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.3355.
- Karmishin, A. V., Lyaskovets, V. A., Myachenkov, V. I., & Frolov, A. N. (1975). Statika i dinamika tonkostennykh obolochechnykh konstruktsiy [Statics and dynamics of thin-walled shell structures]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 376 p.
- Degtyarev, M. A., Danchenko, V. G., Shapoval, A. V., Avramov, K. V. (2019). Experimental strength analysis of variable stiffness waffle-grid cylindrical compartments. Part 1. Experimental procedure. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 33–36. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2019.01.033.
- Degtyarev, М. А., Danchenko, V. G., Shapoval, A. V., & Avramov, K. V. (2019). Experimental strength analysis of variable stiffness waffle-grid cylindrical compartments. Part 2. Analysis results. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 31–36. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2019.02.031.
Received 30 April 2020