|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 23, no. 4, 2020 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2020, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 6-13|
Natalia V. Pashchenko, A. Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-3936-7331
Roman A. Rusanov, A. Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0003-2930-2574
The paper proposes ways to increase the efficiency of nozzle control for steam power turbines of the K-300 series, that, along with the K-200 series turbines, form the basis of thermal energy in Ukraine. The object of study is considered to be the control compartment (CC) of the high-pressure cylinder (HPC) of the K-325-23.5 steam turbine. In the paper, the calculation and design of the control compartment of the steam turbine was performed using the complex methodology developed in IPMach NAS of Ukraine, that includes methods of different levels of complexity, from one-dimensional to models for calculation of spatial viscous flows, as well as analytical methods for spatial geometries of flow parts description based on limited number of parameterized values. The complex design methodology is implemented in the IPMFlow software package, which is a development of the FlowER and FlowER–U software packages. A model of a viscous turbulent flow is based on the numerical integration of an averaged system of Navier-Stokes equations, for the closure of which the two-term Tamman equation of state is used. Turbulent phenomena were taken into account using a SST Menter two-parameter differential turbulence model. The research was conducted for six operation modes in the calculation area, which consisted of more than 3 million cells (elementary volumes), taking into account the interdiscand diaphragm leakage. According to the results of numerical studies of the original control compartment of the K-325-23.5 steam turbine, it is shown that the efficiency in the flow part is quite low in all operation modes, including the nominal one (100% power mode), due to large losses of kinetic energy in the equalization chamber, as well as inflated load on the first stage. On the basis of the performed analysis of gas-dynamic processes, the directions of a control compartment flow part modernization are formed and themodernization itself is executed. In the new flow part, compared to the original one, there is a favorable picture of the flow in all operation modes, which ensures its high gas-dynamic efficiency. Depending on the mode, the efficiency of the control compartment increased by 4.9–7.3%, and the capacity increased by 1–2 MW. In the nominal mode (100% mode) the efficiency of the new control compartment, taking into account the interdisc and overbandage leakage, is 91%.
Keywords: steam turbine, control stage, spatial flow, numerical modeling, gas-dynamic efficiency.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Siemens-energy: Official website Siemens-energy, 2020. URL: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en.html
- General-Electric: Official website General Electric, 2020. URL: https://www.ge.com/power
- Mitsubishi Power: Official website MitsubishiPower, 2020. URL: https://power.mhi.com
- Turboatom: Official website JSC Turboatom, 2020. URL: https://www.turboatom.com.ua
- Rusanov, A. V., Levchenko, Ye. V., Shvetsov, V. L., & Kosyanova, A. I. (2011). Povysheniye gazodinamicheskoy effektivnosti pervykh dvukh stupeney TsVD turbiny K-325-23,5 [Increasing the gas-dynamic efficiency of the first two stages of the HPC turbine K-325-23.5]. Kompressornoye i energeticheskoye mashinostroyeniye – Compressor and Power Machine Industry, no. 1 (23), pp. 28−32 (in Russian).
- Rusanov, A. V., Kosyanova, A. I., Sukhorebryy, P. N., & Khorev, O. N. (2013). Gazodinamicheskoye sovershenstvovaniye protochnoy chasti tsilindra vysokogo davleniya parovoy turbiny K-325-23,5 [Gas-dynamic improvement of the steam turbine K-325-23,5 high-pressure cylinder setting]. Nauka i innovatsii – Science and Innovation, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 33–40 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.15407/scin9.03.033.
- Rusanov, A. V., Kosyanova, A. I., & Kosyanov, D. Yu. (2015). Razrabotka novogo sposoba partsialnogo paroraspredeleniya dlya obespecheniya chastichnykh rezhimov raboty moshchnykh parovykh turbin [Development of new partial steam distribution method for providing partial operating modes of powerful steam turbines]. Vostochno-Yevropeyskiy zhurnal peredovykh tekhnologiy – Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, vol. 6, no. 8 (78), pp. 24–28 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.55527.
- Rusanov, A. V., Shubenko, O. L, Sukhinin, V. P., Shvetsov, V. L., & Kosianova, A. I. (2017). Systema soplovoho parozpodilu parovoi turbiny [System of a nozzle steam generator for a steam turbine]: Patent No. UA 113710 C2 (Ukraine) MPK F24D 3/18; F24H 4/02; F01K 25/02; declared 29 July 2016; published 10 February 2017, Bulletin no. 3, 4 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Rusanov, A. V., Kosyanov, D. Yu., & Kosyanova, A. I. (2016). Issledovaniye prostranstvennogo potoka para v reguliruyushchem otseke s radialnym partsialnym paroraspredeleniyem [Research of spatial stream of steam in regulative compartment with radial partial]. Aviatsionno-kosmicheskaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya – Aerospace Engineering and Technology, no. 7 (134), pp. 43–48 (in Russian).
- Rusanov, A., Rusanov, R., & Lampart, P. (2015). Designing and updating the flow part of axial and radial-axial turbines through mathematical modeling. Open Engineering (formerly Central European J. Eng.), vol. 5, pp. 399–410. https://doi.org/10.1515/eng-2015-0047.
- Landau, L. D. & Lifshits, Ye. M. (1954). Mekhanika sploshnykh sred [Continuum mechanics]. Moscow: Gostekhizdat, 796 p. (in Russian).
- Loytsyanskiy, L. G. (2003). Mekhanika zhidkosti i gaza [Mechanics of liquid and gas]: Textbook for universities. Moscow: Drofa, 840 p. (in Russian).
- Roache, P. J. (1988). Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics. USA, Socorro, New Mexico: Hermosa Publishing, 648 p.
- Tannehill, J. C., Anderson, D. A., & Pletcher, R. H. (1997). Computational Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer. USA, Washington: Taylor & Francis, 816 p.
- Fletcher, C. A. J. (1988). Computational techniques for fluid dynamics. Vol. 1. Fundamental and General Techniques. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Verlag. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-58229-5.
- Godunov, S. K., Zabrodin, A. V., Ivanov, M. Ya., Krayko, A. N., & Prokopov, G. P. (1976). Chislennoye resheniye mnogomernykh zadach gazovoy dinamiki [Numerical solution of multidimensional problems of gas dynamics]. Moscow: Nauka, 400 p. (in Russian).
- Nashchokin, V. V. (1980). Tekhnicheskaya termodinamika i teploperedacha [Technical thermodynamics and heat transfer]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 469 p. (in Russian).
- Menter, F. R. (1993). Zonal two-equation k-ω turbulence models for aerodynamic flows. AIAA Meeting Paper, no. 93–2906. https://doi.org/10.2514/6.1993-2906.
- Menter, F. R. (1994). Two-equation eddy viscosity turbulence models for engineering applications. AIAA Journal, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1598–1605. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.12149.
Received 02 November 2020
Published 30 December 2020