|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 23, no. 4, 2020 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2020, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 22-28|
Olha Yu. Chernousenko, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy Ave., Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-1427-8068
Dmytro V. Ryndiuk, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy Ave., Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0001-7770-7547
Vitalii A. Peshko, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy Ave., Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0003-0610-1403
In the regulatory documents of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine, the beyond-design operating life of the high-energy equipment of 220 MW power units is limited to the operating life of 220 thousand hours and 800 start-ups. To date, the high-temperature cast bodies of the control valves for the high- and intermediate-pressure cylinders of the K-200-130 200 MW steam turbines of DTEK Lugansk TPP have operated about 305–330 thousand hours with the total number of start-ups from 1438 to 1704, which exceeded the beyond-design service life characteristics. Therefore, it is necessary to assess the residual operating life of the control valve bodies of the high- and intermediate-pressure cylinders of K-200-130 steam turbines in order to determine the possibility of their further operation. These calculations were carried out on the basis of our earlier studies of the thermal and stress-strain states of cast turbine equipment. This paper establishes the values of stress intensity amplitudes, the values having been reduced to a symmetric loading cycle for the most typical variable operating modes. Using the experimental low-cycle fatigue curves for the 15Kh1M1FL steel, we established the values of the permissible number of start-ups and the cyclic damage accumulated in the base metal. We also determined the value of the static damage accumulated in the course of stationary operating modes according to our previously obtained experimental data on the long-term strength of the 15Kh1M1FL steel. The calculations showed that the total damage to the control valve bodies of the K-200-130 steam turbine of power unit 15 of DTEK Lugansk TPP is 97 and 98%. The residual operating life of the metal of the control valves of high-pressure cylinders is practically exhausted, being equal to 10 thousand hours. The residual life of the control valves of intermediate- pressure cylinders is 7 thousand hours, i.e. it is also practically exhausted, with safety factors for the number of cycles and strains at the level of 5 and 1.5, as well as the permissible 370,000 operating hours of the metal. With an increase in the permissible operating life of the metal to 470 thousand hours, according to experimental studies of Igor Sikorsky KPI, the total damage to the metal of cast valve bodies is reduced to 80%, and the residual metal life increases to 79,000 h and 75,000 h for the control valves of the high- and intermediate-pressure cylinders, respectively.
Keywords: residual service life, long-term strength, low-cycle fatigue, safety factor, control valve, cast body, steam turbine.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Dobrovolskyi, V. Ye., Novychenok, L. M., Zavodnyi, M. A., Mukhopad, H. V., Pasternak, V. P., Horieshnik, A. D., & Veksler, Ye. Ya. (2005). Kontrol metalu i prodovzhennia terminu ekspluatatsii osnovnykh elementiv kotliv, turbin i truboprovodiv teplovykh elektrostantsii [Metal control and extension of service life of the main elements of boilers, turbines and pipelines of thermal power plants]. Regulatory document of the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine. Typical instruction SOU-N MPE 40.17.401:2004. Kyiv: HRIFRE, Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine, 76 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Mirandola, A., Stoppato, A., & Lo Casto, E. (2010). Evaluation of the effects of the operation strategy of a steam power plant on the residual life of its devices. Energy, vol. 35, iss. 2, pp. 1024–1032. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2009.06.024.
- Zhang, D., Engeda, A., Hardin, J., & Aungier, R. (2004). Experimental study of steam turbine control valves. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, vol. 218, pp. 493–507. https://doi.org/10.1243/095440604323052283.
- Temelkoska, B. K., Cvetanoski, R. K., Srebrenkoska, S. S., & Mirčeski, V. B. (2019). Causes for steam turbine control valves fracture. Tehnika, vol. 74, iss. 4, pp. 539–545. https://doi.org/10.5937/tehnika1904539T.
- Koliadiuk, A. & Shulzhenko, M. (2019). Thermal and stress state of the steam turbine control valve casing, with the turbine operation in the stationary modes. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 37–44. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2019.02.037.
- Chernousenko, O., Rindyuk, D., & Peshko, V. (2017). Research on residual service life of automatic locking valve of turbine K-200-130. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, vol. 5, no. 8 (89), pp. 39–44. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.112284.
- Chernousenko, O. Yu., Ryndiuk, D. V., Peshko, V. A. (2020). Thermal and stress-strain state of cast bodies of control valves of 200 MW power units. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 8–15. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2020.03.008.
- (1985). Detali parovykh statsionarnykh turbin. Raschot na malotsiklovuyu ustalost [Details of steam stationary turbines. Calculation of low-cycle fatigue]. Technical Guidance RTM no. 108.021.103-85, approved and implemented at the direction of the Ministry of Power Engineering of 13.09.85, no. AZ-002/7382. Moscow, 49 p. (in Russian).
- Chernousenko, O. & Peshko, V. (2017). Otsenka malotsiklovoy ustalosti, povrezhdennosti i ostatochnogo resursa rotora vysokogo davleniya turbiny T-100/120-130 st. No. 1 PAO «Kharkovskaya TETs-5» [Estimating the low-cycle fatigue, damageability and the residual life of the rotor of high pressure turbine T-100/120-130 of unit No. 1 of PJSC “Kharkiv CHPP-5”]. Vestnik NTU «KhPI». Seriya: Energeticheskiye i teplotekhnicheskiye protsessy i oborudovaniye – Bulletin of NTU “KhPI”. Ser.: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 10 (1232), pp. 30–37 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.20998/2078-774X.2017.10.04.
Received 23 March 2020
Published 30 December 2020