|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 23, no. 4, 2020 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2020, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 28-37|
The stress-strain state problem for the lock joint of the rotor blades of the first stage of the medium-pressure cylinder under plastic deformation is solved. When solving the problem, the theory of elastic-plastic deformations is used. The problem is solved using two different approaches to specifying plastic deformation curves. The applicability of using a simpler bilinear approximation instead of the classical multilinear one is estimated. Based on the example of solving this problem, the time required to perform the calculation with the use of the bilinear and multilinear approximations is shown. Comparison of the results obtained in the form of the distribution of plastic deformations, equivalent stresses, and contact stresses over support pads made it possible to assess the difference when the two types of approximation are used. The obtained result error value when using the bilinear approximation made it possible to draw conclusions about the applicability of this approach to the processing of plastic deformation curves for solving problems of this kind. The problem is solved using the finite element method. To objectively assess the effect of plastic deformation on the redistribution of loads in the lock joint, a finite element model is used, obtained when solving the problem of the thermally stressed state of the rotor blade lock joint. The distribution of contact stresses in the lock joint is shown. The results are compared with those obtained earlier when solving the problem of thermoelasticity. Significant differences in the level of contact stresses are noted. Results of the computational assessment of the stress-strain state of the lock joint of the rotor blades of the first stage of the medium-pressure cylinder of a steam turbine are presented, which allow characterizing the degree of relaxation and redistribution of stresses in the structure in comparison with the results obtained earlier when solving the problem of thermoelasticity. Conclusions are made about the economic viability of using the calculation methods presented.
Keywords: turbine, lock joint, rotor blade, stress state, deformation curve, yield point
Full text: Download in PDF
- (2002). Metodicheskiye ukazaniya po rassledovaniyu prichin povrezhdeniy detaley rotorov parovykh turbin elektrostantsiy [Guidelines for investigating the causes of damage to rotor parts of steam turbines of power plants]: Regulatory document RD 153-34.1-17.424-2001. Moscow: All-Russia Thermal Engineering Institute (JSC “VTI”), 82 p. (in Russian).
- Shvetsov, V. L., Litovka, V. A., Palkov I. A., & Palkov S. A. (2012). Issledovaniye napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya zamkovogo soyedineniya rabochikh lopatok [Investigation of the stress-strain state of the lock joint of rotor blades]. Problemy mashinostroyeniya – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 31–36 (in Russian).
- Shvetsov, V. L., Gubskiy, A. N., Palkov, I. A., & Palkov, S. A. (2012). Prochnost vysokonapryazhennykh elementov parovoy turbiny [Strength of high-stressed elements of a steam turbine]. Vestnik NTU «KhPI». Seriya: Energeticheskiye i teplotekhnicheskiye protsessy i oborudovaniye – Bulletin of NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 7, pp. 70–75 (in Russian).
- Shulzhenko, N. G., Grishin, N. N., & Palkov I. A. (2013). Napryazhennoye sostoyaniye zamkovogo soyedineniya rabochikh lopatok turbiny [Stressed state of the lock joint of turbine blades]. Problemy mashinostroyeniya – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 37–45 (in Russian).
- Palkov, I. A. & Shulzhenko, M. H. (2019). Thermostressed state of the lock joint of turbine rotor blades of the first stage of K-500-240 steam turbine medium pressure cylinder. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 36–43. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2019.03.036.
- Gontarovskii, P. P. & Kirkach, B. N. (1982). Investigation of the stress-strain state of turbine blade root attachments by the finite-element method. Strength of Materials, vol. 14, pp. 1037–1041. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00764561.
- Shulzhenko, N. G., Gontarovskiy, P. P., & Zaytsev, B. F. (2011). Zadachi termoprochnosti, vibrodiagnostiki i resursa energoagregatov (modeli, metody, rezultaty issledovaniy) [Problems of thermal strength, vibrodiagnostics and resource of power units (models, methods, results of research)]. Saarbrücken, Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, 370 p. (in Russian).
- Podgornyy, A. N., Gontarovskiy, P. P., Kirkach, B. N., Matyukhin, Yu. I., & Khavin, G. L. (1989). Zadachi kontaktnogo vzaimodeystviya elementov konstruktsiy [Problems of contact interaction of structural elements]. Kiyev: Naukova Dumka, 232 p. (in Russian).
- Shtayerman, I. Ya. (1949). Kontaktnaya zadacha teorii uprugosti [Contact problem of elasticity theory]. Moscow: Gostekhizdat, 270 p. (in Russian).
- (1962). O tenzometricheskikh ispytaniya modeley zamkovogo soyedineniya rabochikh lopatok TsSD turbiny K-500-240 [On strain-gauge testing of models of the lock joint of the rotor blades of the medium pressure cylinder of the K-500-240 turbine]: Report on research work No. D-1561; Research Director – Mellerovich, G. M. Kharkov: OJSC “Turboatom”, 156 p. (in Russian).
- Birger, I. A., Shorr, B. F., & Demyanushko, I. V. (1975). Termoprochnost detaley mashin [Thermal strength of machine parts]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 455 p. (in Russian).
- Garmash, N. G. & Gontarovskiy, V. P. (2001). Napryazhennoye sostoyaniye zamkovogo soyedineniya lopatok gazovoy turbiny v ramkakh termokontaktnoy zadachi [Stress state of the lock joint of gas turbine blades in the framework of the thermal contact problem]. Problemy mashinostroyeniya – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 4, no. 3–4, pp. 12–16 (in Russian).
- Thompson, M. K. & Thompson, J. M. (2017). ANSYS Mechanical APDL for Finite Element Analysis. Elsevier, 803 p.
- Liberman, L. Ya. & Peysikhis M. I. (1997). Svoystva staley i splavov, primenyayemykh v kotloturbostroyenii [Properties of steels and alloys used in boiler turbine construction]: Reference book in 3 vols. Leningrad: JSC I. I. Polzunov Scientific and Development Association on the Research and Design of Power Equipment (in Russian).
- Malinin, N. N. (1975). Prikladnaya teoriya plastichnosti i polzuchesti [Applied theory of plasticity and creep]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 400 p. (in Russian).
- Kaminskiy, A. A. & Bastun, V. N. (1985). Deformatsionnoye uprochneniye i razrusheniye metallov pri peremennykh protsessakh nagruzheniya [Deformation hardening and destruction of metals at variable loading processes]. Kiyev: Naukova dumka, 168 p. (in Russian).
- Zubchaninov, V. G. (1990). Osnovy teorii uprugosti i plastichnosti [Fundamentals of the theory of elasticity and plasticity]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 368 p. (in Russian).
- Levin, A. V., Borishanskiy, K. N., & Konson, Ye. D. (1981). Prochnost i vibratsiya lopatok i diskov parovykh turbin [Strength and vibration of blades and disks of steam turbines]. Leningrad: Mashinostroyeniye, 710 p. (in Russian).
Received 28 August 2020
Published 30 December 2020