|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 23, no. 4, 2020 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2020, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 52-62|
The features of the turbine steam line sealing unit stress-strain state on the basis of the usage of a three-dimensional design model of the construction and contacting surfaces are examined. A mathematical model is formed and this contact problem solving method, based on the application of the finite element method, is proposed. Contact conditions are taken into account with the penalty function method usage. The verification of the model and the software that implements the proposed method is carried out by comparing the calculation results and experimental data obtained on the physical model of the pipeline made from a low-modulus material. The stress-strain state of the sealing unit of a real pipeline in a three-dimensional setting was determined and the most stressed zones in the unit, which require increased attention during the design and operation of pipelines and their connections, were identified. The developed approach and software make it possible to determine the contact pressure for the horizontal joint flanges of highly stressed cylinder bodies of powerful steam turbines, which helps to avoid a large number of expensive experimental studies.
Keywords: turbine, pipeline, flange connection, contact problem, stress-strain state, contact.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Kalyutik, A. A. & Sergeyev, V. V. (2003). Truboprovody teplovykh elektricheskikh stantsiy [Pipelines of thermal power plants]: A tutorial. St. Petersburg: Publishing House of St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, 50 p. (in Russian).
- Prigorovskiy, N. I. & Preyss, A. K. (1958). Issledovaniye napryazheniy i zhestkosti detaley mashin na tenzometricheskikh modelyakh [Study of stresses and stiffness of machine parts on tensometric models]. Moscow: AN SSSR, 232 p. (in Russian).
- (2011). Issledovaniye vliyaniya konstruktivnykh razmerov kozhukha-troynika na napryazhenno-deformirovannoye sostoyaniye uzla uplotneniya osnovnogo gazoprovoda [Study of the influence of the design dimensions of the tee casing on the stress-strain state of the seal assembly of the main gas pipeline]: Report on research work No. D-4089; Research Director – Kabanov, A. F. Kharkov: Special Design Bureau “Turboatom”, 96 p. (in Russian).
- Turenko, A. N., Bogomolov, V. A., Stepchenko, A. S., Kedrovskaya, O. V., & Klimenko, V. I. (2003). Kompyuternoye proyektirovaniye i raschet na prochnost detaley avtomobilya [Computer design and strength calculation of car parts]: A tutorial. Kharkiv: Kharkiv Highway University, 336 p. (in Russian).
- Deryagin, A. A. (2013). Formoobrazovaniye i animatsiya 3D-obyektov na osnove tetragonalnoy regulyarnoy setki [Shaping and animation of 3D objects based on a tetragonal regular grid]. Prikladnaya informatika – Journal of Applied Informatics, no. 2 (44), pp. 94–101 (in Russian).
- Tolok, V. A., Kirichevskiy, V. V., Gomenyuk, S. I., Grebenyuk, S. N., & Buvaylo, D. P. (2003). Metod konechnykh elementov. Teoriya, algoritmy, realizatsiya [Method of finite elements. Theory, algorithms, implementation]. Kiyev: Naukova Dumka, 283 p. (in Russian).
- Stefancu, A. I., Melenciuc, S. C., & Budescu, M. (2011). Penalty based algorithms for frictional contact problems. The Bulletin of the Polytechnic Institute of Jassy. Section: Architecture. Construction, no. 3, pp. 54–58.
- Wriggers, P., Vu Van, T., & Stein, E. (1990). Finite element formulation of large deformation impact-contact problems with friction. Computers & Structures, vol. 37, iss. 3, pp. 319–331. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(90)90324-U.
- Guz, A. N., Chernyshenko, I. S., Chekhov, V. N., Chekhov, V. N., & Shnerenko, K. I. (1974). Tsilindricheskiye obolochki, oslablennyye otverstiyami [Cylindrical shells weakened by holes]. Kiyev: Naukova Dumka, 272 p. (in Russian).
- Perlin, A. A., Shalkin, M. K., & Khryashchev, Yu. K. (1967). Issledovaniye prochnosti sudovykh konstruktsiy na tenzometricheskikh modelyakh [Research of the strength of ship structures on tensometric models]. Leningrad: Sudostroyeniye, 80 p. (in Russian).
- Gudimov, M. M. & Perov, B. V. (1981). Organicheskoye steklo [Organic glass]. Moscow: Khimiya, 216 p. (in Russian).
- (2013). Usovershenstvovaniye i vnedreniye sposoba opredeleniya kontaktnogo davleniya v uzle uplotneniya osnovnogo gazoprovoda po rezultatam tenzometrirovaniya [Improvement and implementation of a method for determining the contact pressure in the seal unit of the main gas pipeline based on the results of strain gauging]: Report on research work No. D-4473; Research Director – Kabanov, A. F. Kharkov: Special Design Bureau “Turboatom”, 50 p. (in Russian).
- Savin, G. N. (1968). Raspredeleniye napryazheniy okolo otverstiy [Distribution of stresses around the holes]. Kiyev: Naukova Dumka, 891 p. (in Russian).
- Prigorovskiy, N. I. (1982). Metody i sredstva opredeleniya poley deformatsiy i napryazheniy [Methods and means for determining the fields of deformations and stresses]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 248 p. (in Russian).
Received 28 August 2020
Published 30 December 2020