|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 25, no. 1, 2022 (March)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2022, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 32-39|
There is a constant demand for higher equipment parameters, such as pressure of a sealing medium and shaft rotation speed. However, as the parameters rise it becomes more difficult to ensure hermetization efficiency. Moreover, sealing systems affect the overall operational safety of the equipment, especially vibratory. Non-contact seals are considered as hydrostatodynamic supports that can effectively damp rotor oscillations. Models of an impulse and a groove seals, models of rotor-seals system and rotor-auto-unloading system, model of a shaftless pump are studied to evaluate an effect of these sealing systems on oscillatory characteristics of rotor. Analytical dependencies for computation the dynamic characteristics of impulse seals, hydromechanical systems rotor-seals and rotor-auto-unloading, as well as shaftless pumps are obtained. These dependencies describe the radial-angular vibrations of a centrifugal machine rotor in seals-supports. Equations for computation the amplitude-frequency characteristics are given. The directions of improving the оperational safety of critical pumping equipment by purposefully increasing the rigidity of non-contact seals that leads to higher rotor vibration stability have been determined.
Keywords: impulse seals, groove seals, auto unloading device, seals-supports, mathematical model, radial-angular vibrations, frequency characteristics.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Martsinkovsky, V. A. & Shevchenko, S. S. (2018). Nasosy atomnykh elektrostantsiy: raschet, konstruirovaniye, ekspluatatsiya [Pumps of nuclear power plants: Calculation, design, operation]. Sumy: University Book Publishing House, 472 p. (in Russian).
- Shevchenko, S. & Chernov, A. (2020). Development of pulse mechanical seal calculation methods on the basis of its physical model construction. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, vol. 3, no. 2 (105), pp. 58–69. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.206721.
- Pavlenko, I., Simonovskiy, V. I., & Demianenko, M. M. (2017). Dynamic analysis of centrifugal machines rotors supported on ball bearings by combined application of 3D and beam finite element models. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 233, paper ID 012053. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/233/1/012053.
- Simonovskiy, V. I. (2015). Otsenka koeffitsiyentov matematicheskikh modeley kolebatelnykh system [Evaluation of coefficients of mathematical models for oscillatory systems]. Saarbrücken: ALAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 215 p. (in Russian).
- Pavlenko, I., Simonovskiy, V., Piteľ, J., & Demianenko, M. (2018). Dinamicheskiy analiz rotorov tsentrobezhnykh mashin s kombinirovannym ispolzovaniyem trekhmernykh i dvukhmernykh konechno-elementnykh modeley [Dynamic analysis of centrifugal machines rotors with combined using 3D and 2D finite element models]. Lüdenscheid: RAM-VERLAG, 427 p. (in Russian).
- Ishida, Y. & Yamamoto, T. (2012). Linear and nonlinear rotordynamics: A modern treatment with applications, second edition. Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, 355 p. https://doi.org/10.1002/9783527651894.
- Yashchenko, A. S., Rudenko, A. A., Simonovskiy, V. I., & Kozlov, O. M. (2017). Effect of Bearing Housings on Centrifugal Pump Rotor Dynamics. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 233, paper ID 012054. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/233/1/012054.
- Jin, C., Xu, Y., Zhou, J., & Cheng, C. (2016). Active magnetic bearings stiffness and damping identification from frequency characteristics of control system. Shock and Vibration, vol. 2016, article ID 1067506. https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/1067506.
- Zhang, K. & Yang, Z. (2017). Identification of load categories in rotor system based on vibration analysis. Sensors, vol. 17, iss. 7, article ID 1676. https://doi.org/10.3390/s17071676.
- Pozovnyi, O., Deineka, A., & Lisovenko, D. (2020). Calculation of hydrostatic forces of multi-gap seals and its dependence on shaft displacement. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 661–670. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22365-6_66.
- Pozovnyi, O., Zahorulko, A., Krmela, J., Artyukhov, A., & Krmelová, V. (2020). Calculation of the characteristics of the multi-gap seal of the centrifugal pump, in dependence on the chambers’ sizes. Manufacturing Technology, vol. 20, iss. 3, pp. 361–367. https://doi.org/10.21062/mft.2020.048.
- Pavlenko, I., Simonovsky, V. I., Pitel’, J., Verbovyi, A. E., & Demianenko, M. M. (2017). Investigation of critical frequencies of the centrifugal compressor rotor with taking into account stiffness of bearings and seals. Journal of Engineering Sciences, vol. 4, iss. 1, pp. C1–C6. https://doi.org/10.21272/jes.2017.4(1).c1.
- Martsinkovskiy, V. A. (2005). Shchelevyye uplotneniya: teoriya i praktika [Groove seals: theory and practice]. Sumy: Sumy State University, 416 p. (in Russian).
- Kundera, C. & Marcinkowski, W. (2010). The effect of the annular seal parameters on the dynamics of the rotor system. International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Enginerering, vol. 15, iss. 3, pp. 719–730.
- Djaidir, B., Hafaifa, A., & Kouzou, A. (2017). Faults detection in gas turbine rotor using vibration analysis under varying conditions. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 393–406. https://doi.org/10.15632/jtam-pl.55.2.393.
- Martsinkovskiy V. A. (2012). Dinamika rotorov tsentrobezhnykh mashin [Dynamics of rotors of centrifugal machines]. Sumy: Sumy State University, 562 p. (in Russian).
- Martsynkovskyy, V., Zahorulko, A., Gudkov, S., & Mischenkod, S. (2012). Analysis of buffer impulse seal. Procedia Engineering, vol. 39, pp. 43–50. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2012.07.006.
- Martsinkovsky, V. A., Zhulyov, A., & Kundera, C. (2014). Static and dynamics of a pump impeller with a balancing device Part II: Dynamic analysis. International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 19, iss. 3, pp. 621–631. https://doi.org/10.2478/ijame-2014-0043.
- Gorovoy, S. A. (2019). Experimental studies of the pump with self-aligning impeller. Oil and Gas Mechanical Engineering, no. 2, pp. 36–40.
- Shevchenko, S., Shevchenko, O., & Vynnychuk, S. (2021). Mathematical modelling of dynamic system rotor-groove seals for the purposes of increasing the vibration reliability of NPP pumps. Nuclear and Radiation Safety, no. 1 (89), pp. 80–87. https://doi.org/10.32918/nrs.2021.1(89).09.
Received 17 March 2022
Published 30 March 2022