|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 25, no. 1, 2022 (March)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2022, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 40-54|
Kyrylo V. Maksymenko-Sheiko, A. Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0002-7064-2442
The paper consists of three sections and is of an informational and generalizing nature, indicating promising areas for further research. The first section “R-functions method in mathematical modeling of convective heat transfer in fuel cartridges with fuel elements” is devoted to the use of new constructive tools of the R-functions method for mathematical and computer modeling of fuel elements packings with different types of symmetry, as well as the study of convective heat transfer in fuel elements grids and the effect of the type of packing on the distribution of velocity and temperature. An octahedral cartridge with 37 fuel elements packed according to three patterns (cyclic, checkerboard and in-line) is considered. It is noted that when constructing the equations of a cartridge with bundles of fuel elements using the new method, the number of R-operations and, accordingly, the calculation time are significantly reduced. An analysis of the obtained results allows to conclude that the maximum temperature is obtained with cyclic packing. The scheme of the reactor, the cartridges of which are hexagonal casings, with 91 fuel elements placed in each of them both with checkerboard and cyclic packing, is also considered. In the second section “Thermal-hydraulic calculation of fuel elements cartridges in case of violation of the rods packing symmetry”, a hexagonal fuel cartridge with 169 fuel elements and checkerboard packing is considered. An increase in temperature is analyzed in case of violation of the packing symmetry while maintaining the parallelism of the rods, as well as in case of a curvature of one of them. The third section “R-functions, fuel element with polyzonal finning of the shell and heat transfer during fluid motion” is focused on the construction of equations for various finning surfaces of fuel elements and the study of hydrodynamic and temperature fields in case of polyzonal finning of the shell. At the same time, using the apparatus of tensor analysis, a transition to a curvilinear non-orthogonal (helical) coordinate system was made. It is noted that mathematical modeling and the associated computer experiment are indispensable in cases where a full-scale experiment is impossible or difficult to conduct for one reason or another. In addition, working with mathematical model of the process and the computational experiment make it possible to investigate the properties and behavior of the process in various situations relatively quickly and without significant expenses. The reliability of the methods, results and conclusions is confirmed by comparison with the information given in the references, the results of the analysis of the numerical convergence of solutions and the calculation of the residual.
Keywords: nuclear reactor, cartridge, fuel element, R-function method, packing symmetry type, shell finning.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Tarapon, A. G. (2006). Prichina avarii na Chernobylskoy AES. Modelirovaniye protsessov razrusheniya reaktora i teploprovodnosti v obyekte «Ukrytiye» [Cause of the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. Modeling of the processes of destruction of the reactor and heat conduction in the object “Shelter”]. Kyiv: Institute for Modeling Problems in Energy. G.E. Pukhov National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 183 p. (in Russian).
- Petukhov, B. S., Genin, L. G., & Kovalev, S. A. (1974). Teploobmen v yadernykh energeticheskikh ustanovkakh [Heat exchange in nuclear power plants]. Moscow: Atomizdat, 367 p. (in Russian).
- Slesarenko, A. P. & Kotulskiy, D. A. (2000). Regionalno-analiticheskiy i variatsionnyye metody v reshenii sopryazhennykh zadach konvektivnogo teploobmena [Regional-analytical and variational methods in solving conjugate problems of convective heat transfer]. Heat and Mass Transfer MMF-2000: Proceedings of the IV Minsk International Forum (Belarus, Minsk, May 2000). Minsk: ITMO Academy of Sciences of Belarus, vol. 3, pp. 135–142 (in Russian).
- Maksimenko-Sheyko, K. V., Sheyko, T. I., & Uvarov, R. A. (2013). The R-functions method in mathematical modeling of convective heat transfer in fuel cartridge with fuel rods. Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Physics Investigations, vol. 60, nо. 3 (85), pp. 205–209.
- Maksimenko-Sheyko, K. V., Tolok, A. V., Sheyko, T. I. (2013). Sopryazhennaya zadacha konvektivnogo teploobmena v toplivnoy kassete TVELov [Adjoint problem of convective heat transfer in a fuel cassette of fuel elements]. Informatsionnyye tekhnologii – Information Technology, no. 11, pp. 32–36 (in Russian).
- Kolyada, R. A., Maksymenko-Sheiko, K. V., & Sheyko, T. I. (2019). R-functions method in the mathematical modeling of convective heat exchange in an octahedral fuel assembly with 37 fuel elements. Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 238, iss. 2, pp. 154–164. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10958-019-04225-w.
- Rvachev, V. L. (1982). Teoriya R-funktsiy i nekotoryye yeye prilozheniya [The R-functions theory and some of its applications]. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 552 p. (in Russian).
- Maksimenko-Sheyko, K. V. (2009). R-funktsii v matematicheskom modelirovanii geometricheskikh obyektov i fizicheskikh poley [R-functions in the mathematical modeling of geometric objects and physical fields]. Kharkiv: IPMash NAS of Ukraine, 306 p. (in Russian).
- Maksymenko-Sheiko, K. V. & Sheiko T. I. (2008). R-functions in mathematical modeling of geometric objects with symmetry. Cybernetics and Systems Analysis, vol. 44, iss. 6, pp. 855–862. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10559-008-9061-5.
- Andreyev, P. A., Gremilov, D. I., & Fedorovich, Ye. D. (1969). Teploobmennyye apparaty yadernykh energeticheskikh ustanovok [Heat exchangers of nuclear power plants]. Leningrad: Sudostroyeniye, 352 p. (in Russian).
- Sheyko, T. I., Maksymenko-Sheiko, K. V., Uvarov, R. A., & Khazhmuradov, M. A. (2019). The thermal-hydraulic calculation in a fuel cartridge when the symmetry of fuel rods packing is broken. Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear Physics Investigations, vol. 71, no. 3 (121), pp. 74–79. https://doi.org/10.46813/2019-121-074.
- Antufyev, V. M. (1966). Effektivnost razlichnykh form konvektivnykh poverkhnostey nagreva [Efficiency of various forms of convective heating surfaces]. Moscow, Leningrad: Energiya, 184 p. (in Russian).
- Maksimenko-Sheyko, K. V. & Sheyko, T. I. (2017). R-funktsii, TVEL s polizonalnym orebreniyem obolochki i teploobmen pri dvizhenii zhidkosti [R-functions, TVEL with polyzonal finning of the shell and heat transfer during fluid motion]. Vestnik Zaporozhskogo natsional’nogo universiteta. Fiziko-matematicheskiye nauki – Visnyk of Zaporizhzhia National University. Physical and Mathematical Sciences, no. 1, pp. 277–285 (in Russian).
- Maksymenko-Sheiko, K. V., Litvinova, Yu. S., Sheyko, T. I., & Khazhmuradov, M. A. (2017). Matematicheskoye modelirovaniye teploobmena pri techenii zhidkosti dlya TVELa s polizonalnym orebreniyem obolochki [Mathematical simulation of heat transfer during fluid flow for a fuel element with a polyzonal finned shell]. Problemy mashinostroyeniya – Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashinobuduvannia, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 58–63 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2017.04.058.
- Lisin, D. O. (2012). Kompiuterna prohrama “Systema vizualizatsii ta pobudovy sitky na poverkhni heometrychnykh obiektiv, yaki opysani za dopomohoiu matematychnykh zasobiv teorii R-funktsii “RFPreview” [Computer program “System of visualization and construction of a grid on the surface of geometric objects, which are described by mathematical means of the theory of R-functions “RFPreview”]: Certificate of registration of copyright to the work no. 45951 (in Ukrainian).
Received 21 February 2022
Published 30 March 2022