|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 25, no. 2, 2022 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2022, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 14-21|
Pavlo P. Hontarovskyi, A. Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0002-8503-0959
Natalia V. Smetankina, A. Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0001-9528-3741
Serhii V. Ugrimov, A. Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0002-0846-4067
Nataliia H. Garmash, A. Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-4890-8152
Iryna I. Melezhyk, A. Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0002-8968-5581
Ensuring the efficient and reliable safe operation of ground special equipment of various types, aircrafts is an important and urgent problem. Preservation of the strength, protective properties and transparency of the glazing of machinery cabins in a wide range of temperatures under various strength influences is one of the key components of this problem. Multilayer packages made of different types of glass are used for special equipment glazing. These packages are connected to each other with adhesive polymer materials. Electrically heated glazing, which allows to avoid the special equipment icing, as well as to protect the viewing area from fogging, is used for reliable and failure-free operation of special equipment at low temperatures. Based on this, an important problem that affects the efficiency of the use of special equipment is to ensure the reliable operation of electric glass heating. With the help of a software package developed on the basis of the finite element method for the analysis of the structures thermal stress in 3D formulation, which allows to consider a wide class of practical problems of varying complexity, the problems of non-stationary and stationary thermal conductivity and thermal elasticity for a trapezoidal frontal electrically heated multilayer glazing are solved. A study of the thermal stress state of glazing with an electric heating system, which allows to avoid freezing of glass operating at low temperatures, was carried out. The reasons for which the delamination of the multi-layer glazing may occur (impermissible temperature modes, mechanical strength effects, violation of operating conditions) are determined. Multilayer glazing with an electric heating system is used for aircrafts, military equipment, land transport, which can be operated at different temperatures. In view of this, the study of their thermal stress state and determination of possible causes of delamination allows to ensure the operation reliability and increase the efficiency of the use of special equipment in different climatic conditions. It is planned to carry out further studies of the glass block thermal stress state taking into ac-count the thermostat operation and determining the temperature sensors location points, as well as changes in the physical properties of materials and the power of the heating element with temperature changes.
Keywords: multilayer glass, electric heating, icing, temperature fields, thermal stress state.
Full text: Download in PDF
- (1964) Federal Aviation Regulation. PART 25 – Airworthiness Standards: Transport Category Airplanes. Section 25.775. Windshields and windows. pp. 18318. Retrieved from https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-14/chapter-I/subchapter-C/part-25.
- (2006) DSTU 4546:2006. Sklo v budivnytstvi. Zakhysne sklinnia. Vyprobuvannia ta klasyfikatsiia za kuletryvkistiu (EN 1063:1999, MOD). [Glass in construction. Protective glazing. Tests and classification for bullet resistance]. Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy, 10 р. (in Ukrainian).
- Hontarovsky, Р. Р., Smetankina, N. V., Ugrimov, S. V., Garmash, N. G., & Melezhyk, I. I. (2021). Numerical investigations of the crack resistance of ion exchange strengthened sheet glass under flexural deformations. Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy mashynobuduvannia, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 45–51. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2021.03.027.
- Ugrimov, S., Smetankina, N. & Kobylnik, V. (2021). Modeling the response of multilayer glazing to distributed and localized force loading. In Altenbach H., Amabili M., Mikhlin Y. V. (Eds.) Nonlinear Mechanics of Complex Structures. Advanced Structured Materials, vol. 157 (pp. 103–123), Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-75890-5_7.
- Novotny, M. & Poot, B. (2016). Influence of temperature on laminated glass performances assembled with various interlayers. Challenging Glass Conference Proceedings, vol. 5, pp. 219–232. https://doi.org/10.7480/cgc.5.2248.
- Chen, S., Chen, X., & Wu, X. (2018). The mechanical behaviour of polyvinyl butyral at intermediate strain rates and different temperatures. Construction and Building Materials, vol. 182, pp. 66–79. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.06.080.
- Shim, G. I., Kim, S. H., Ahn, D. L., Park, J. K., & Choi, S. (2015). Development of thin and lightweight bulletproof windows using strengthened SLS glass by ion exchange. Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society, vol. 52, pp. 123–127. https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2015.52.2.123.
- Walley, S. M., Field, J., Blair, P., & Milford, A. (2004). The effect of temperature on the impact behaviour of glass/polycarbonate laminates. International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 30, iss. 1, pp. 31–53. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0734-743X(03)00046-0.
- Smetankina, N. V., Postnyi, O. V., Merkulova, A. I., & Merkulov, D. O. (2020). Modeling of non-stationary temperature fields in multilayer shells with film heat sources. 2020 IEEE KhPI Week on Advanced Technology (KhPIWeek): International Conference, Kharkiv, Ukraine, 5–10 October 2020, pp. 242–246. https://doi.org/10.1109/KhPIWeek51551.2020.9250139.
- Hoejowska, S., Orzechowski, T., & Pawiska, A. (2019). Thermal analysis of the car windscreen. EPJ Web of Conferences, vol. 213, article ID 02027. https://doi.org/10.1051/epjconf/201921302027.
- Samieiana, M. А., Cormieb, D., Smith, D., Wholeyb, W., Blackmana, B. R. K., Deara, J. P., & Hoopera, P. A. (2019). On the bonding between glass and PVB in laminated glass. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, vol. 214, pp. 504–519. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2019.04.006.
- Froli, M. & Lani, L. (2011). Adhesion, creep and relaxation properties of PVB in laminated safety glass. Glass Performance Days 2011: 12th International Conference on Architectural and Automotive Glass, Tampere, Finland, 17–20 June 2011, pp. 839–848.
- Hontarovskyi, P. P., Smetankina, N. V., Garmash, N. H., & Melezhyk, I. I. (2020). Analysis of crack growth in the wall of an electrolyser compartment. Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy mashynobuduvannia, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 38–44. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2020.04.038.
- Shul’zhenko, N. G., Gontarovskii, P. P., Matyukhin, Yu. I., & Garmash, N. G. (2010). Numerical analysis of the long-term strength of the rotor disks of steam turbines. Strength of Materials, vol. 42, pp. 418–425. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-010-9232-2.
- Gontarovskyi, P., Smetankina, N., Garmash, N., & Melezhyk, I. (2021). Numerical analysis of stress-strain state of fuel tanks of launch vehicles in 3D formulation.In Nechyporuk M., Pavlikov V., Kritskiy D. (Eds.) Integrated Computer Technologies in Mechanical Engineering – 2020. ICTM 2020. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol. 188, pp. 609–619, Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-66717-7_52.
- Mikheyev, M. A. & Mikheyeva, I. M. (1983). Osnovy teploperedachi [Fundamentals of heat transfer]. Moscow: Energiya, 320 p. (in Russian).
- Kreith, F. & Black, W. Z. (1980). Basic heat transfer. London: Harper and Row, 556 p.
Received 10 May 2022
Published 30 June 2022