|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 25, no. 3, 2022 (September)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2022, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 46-55|
Mykhailo Z. Abdulin, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy ave., Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0001-9900-7314
Oleksandr A. Siryi, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy ave., Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0001-5811-9037
Olha O. Kobylianska, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy ave., Kyiv, 03056, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-4195-0841
The results devoted to the issues of energy-ecological assessment of industrial boiler equipment with jet-niche combustion technology are given in the paper. The basic principles underlying this technology include: rational distribution of fuel in the oxidant stream; stable adjustable structure of fuel, oxidant and combustion products; self-regulation of the fuel mixture composition in the zone of the torch stabilization when the unit load changes. As of today, a large number of industrial gas-burning equipment has been modernized by jet-niche technology, including: boilers, furnaces, dryers, metallurgical facilities, etc. The results of industrial implementation of the technology allowed to accumulate a significant amount of technical information and gave the possibility of preliminary environmental assessment during the modernization of gas combustion equipment. As practice shows, at the present stage the main direction of the technology improvement is to enhance its environmental performance. The influence of the main regime and technical parameters of fire equipment on its emission indicators is established in the paper. Possibilities for reducing nitrogen oxides by primary technological methods, the simplest and most effective of which is the introduction of recirculation gases into the furnace space, have been identified. According to the results of the analysis of emission indicators of the modernized fire equipment with a capacity of 0.5–60 MW, data to estimate the emission indicators of low and medium power boilers depending on the main influencing factors, namely, unit size, excess air ratio and boiler load were obtained. The influence of the introduction of recirculation gases into the furnace space on the level of nitrogen oxides concentration is also taken into account. The efficiency of application of the recirculation gases introduction scheme into the primary air flow in comparison with combustion technologies based on vortex burners is shown. According to the results of the industrial experiment, the energy efficiency of the proposed measures was established on the example of the dependences of efficiency on the load of boilers PTVM-50 and KVGM-20.
Keywords: gaseous fuel, jet-niche technology, nitrogen oxides, regime parameters, ecological characteristics, gas recirculation.
Full text: Download in PDF
- (1999). Clean air technology center. Nitrogen oxides (NOx), why and how they are controlled. EPA-456/F-99-006R. November 1999. World Wide Web Home Page: An official website of the United States government, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. https://www3.epa.gov/ttncatc1/dir1/fnoxdoc.pdf.
- (2021). Nakaz pro zatverdzhennia hihiienichnykh rehlamentiv dopustymoho vmistu khimichnykh i biolohichnykh rechovyn v atmosfernomu povitri naselenykh mists [Order on approval of hygienic regulations of permissible content of chemical and biological substances in the atmospheric air of settlements]: Order of the Ministry of Health Protection of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0156-20#Text.
- Parra, D., Valverde, L., Pino, F. J., & Patel, M. K. (2019). A review on the role, cost and value of hydrogen energy systems for deep decarbonisation. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 101, pp. 279–294. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2018.11.010.
- Wang, H., Yuan, B., Hao, , Zhao, Y., & Wang, X. (2019). A critical review on the method of simultaneous removal of multi-air-pollutant in flue gas. Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 378, pp. 122–155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2019.122155.
- Tahmasebzadehbaie, M. & Sayyaadi, H. (2016). Efficiency enhancement and NOx emission reduction of a turbo-compressor gas engine by mass and heat recirculations of flue gases. Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 99, pp.661–671. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2016.01.095.
- Boyarkin, M. S., Kovalnogov, V., Karpukhina, T. V., & Fedorov, R. (2016). Development and research of the technology of enriching low-grade solid fuels with recirculating flue gases for boiler plants. International Journal of Energy for a Clean Environment, vol. 17, iss. 2–4, pp. 145–163. https://doi.org/10.1615/InterJEnerCleanEnv.2016019374.
- Becher, V., Bohn, J.-P., Goanta, A., & Spliethoff, H. (2011). A combustion concept for oxyfuel processes with low recirculation rate – experimental validation. Combustion and Flame, vol. 158, iss. 8, pp. 1542–1552. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2010.12.029.
- Kobzar, G. & Khalatov, A. A. (2009). Snizheniye vybrosov oksidov azota v gazovykh kotlakh metodom retsirkulyatsii dymovykh gazov [Reduction of nitrogen oxide emissions in gas boilers by flue gas recirculation]. Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika – Thermophysics and Thermal Power Engineering, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 5–11 (in Russian).
- Ahn, S. Y., Go, S. M., Lee, K. Y., Kim, T. H., Seo, S. I., Choi, G. M., & Kim, D. J. (2011). The characteristics of NO production mechanism on ﬂue gas recirculation n oxy-ﬁring condition. Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 31, iss. 6–7, pp. 1163–1171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2010.12.013.
- Strobel, R., Waldner, M. H., & Gablingeret, H. (2017). Highly efﬁcient combustion with low excess air in a modern energy-from-waste (EfW) plant. Waste Management, vol. 79, pp. 301–306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2017.06.049.
- Gholami, F., Tomas, M., Gholami, Z., & Vakili, M. (2020). Technologies for the nitrogen oxides reduction from flue gas: A review. Science of the Total Environment, vol. 714, paper ID 136712. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.136712.
- Abdulin, Z. (2005). Primeneniye struyno-nishevoy tekhnologii szhiganiya topliva v energeticheskikh ustanovkakh [Application of jet-niche technology of fuel combustion in power plants]. Vestnik NTU «KhPI». Seriya: Energeticheskiye i teplotekhnicheskiye protsessy i oborudovaniye – Bulletin of NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 6, pp. 130–144 (in Russian).
- (2017). Pro Natsionalnyi plan skorochennia vykydiv vid velykykh spaliuvalnykh ustanovok [On the National plan for reducing emissions from large combustion plants]: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, November 8, 2017, no. 796-r, Kyiv (in Ukrainian). https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/796-2017-%D1%80.
- Lyubchik, G. N., Govdyak, R. M., Mikulin, G. A., Shelkovskiy, B. I., & Zaritskiy, A. A. (2007). Ekologicheskiy audit gazogorelochnykh ustroystv na osnove primeneniya metoda bazovykh kharakteristik emissii NOx i CO [Environmental audit of gas burners based on the application of the NOx and CO emission baseline method]. Ekotekhnologii i resursosberezheniye – Energy Technologies and Resource Saving, no. 4, pp. 64–70 (in Russian).
- Lyubchik, G. N., Varlamov, G. B., Serdyuk, S. D., Mikulin, G. A., & Trubetskoy, Ye. A. (2002). Vozdeystviye koeffitsiyenta izbytka vozdukha, proizvoditelnosti i nagruzki kotla na pokazateli emissii oksidov azota [Influence of excess air coefficient, boiler capacity and load on nitrogen oxide emission indicators]. Energetika: ekonomika, tekhnologii, ekologiya – Power Engineering: Economics, Technique, Ecology, no. 1, pp.48–54 (in Russian).
- Abdulіn, M. Z. & Siryi, O.A. (2013). Vitchyzniani enerhoefektyvni tekhnolohii – zaporuka enerhetychnoi bezpeky derzhavy [Domestic energy efficient technologies are the key to the state’s energy security]. Kyiv: National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, pp. 224–233 (in Ukrainian).
- Abdulin, M. Z., Siryi, O. A., Tkachenko, O. M., & Kunyk, A. A. (2020). Boilers modernization due to energy-ecological improvement technology of burning. Bulgarian Chemical Communications, vol. 52, special iss. F, pp. 14–19.
- Sigal, Ya. (1988). Zashchita vozdushnogo basseyna pri szhiganii topliva [Protection of the air basin during fuel combustion]. Leningrad: Nedra, 310 p. (in Russian).
- Siryi, O. A. (2016). Vplyv parametriv strumenevo-nishevoi systemy na robochyi protses palnykovykh prystroiv [Influence of parameters of jet-niche system on the working process of burner devices]: Ph.D. dissertation. National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Kyiv, 199 p. (in Ukrainian).
Received 30 September 2021
Published 30 September 2022