|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||Anatolii Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
of National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 26, no. 1, 2023 (March)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2023, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 39-45|
Roman D. Kulish, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (37, Peremohy ave., Kyiv, 03056 Ukraine), ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0647-1578
The selection technique of diagnostic parameters for the creation of fault detection system of autonomous electric power sources based on gasoline and diesel engines is given in the paper. An analysis of the design features for autonomous electric power sources based on internal combustion engines, which are the most common on the Ukrainian market, was carried out. Thanks to this, a logical model of the research object, which establishes the relation between the main structural elements of the system and determines the possible states of the system, was developed. The effect of fault state initiation for each element on the other system elements was analyzed. An informative criterion – Shannon information entropy is proposed to determine the finite number of diagnostic parameters among the infinite number of possible combinations for physical parameters that characterize the system. The equal-probable cases of exit from operational state of each system elements are considered. The residual entropies of the system at the fault state for one of the autonomous power sources assembly are determined, having applied the concept of Shannon information entropy. The residual entropy value is the informative criterion. The application of this criterion allowed to determine the system elements that most effectively reduce the system uncertainty degree. Based on the residual entropy values, the system assemblies, the state of which should be primarily monitored by diagnostic system, are selected. The diagnostic parameters are determined for such elements, and the ways to obtain them are given
Keywords: diagnostic system, electric power source, internal combustion engine, generator
Full text: Download in PDF
- Sinchuk, I. O., Boiko, S. M., & Losina, K. I. (2013). Netradytsiini ta vidnovliuvani dzherela enerhii [Non-traditional and renewable energy sources]. Kremenchuk: Shcherbatykh O. V., 192 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Abrashyn, V. O. & Novichonok, S. M. (2010). Mozhlyvosti zastosuvannia alternatyvnykh dzherel elektrychnoi enerhii u zbroinykh sylakh Ukrainy [Possibilities of using alternative sources of electrical energy in the armed forces of Ukraine]. Systemy ozbroiennia i viiskova tekhnika – Weapon systems and military equipment, no. 3 (23), pp. 12–18 (in Ukrainian).
- Gasparyan, T. G. (2017). Dvigatel vnutrennego sgoraniya [Internal combustion engine]. Bolshaya rossiyskaya entsiklopediya – Great Russian Encyclopedia: Electronic version (in Russian).
- Gilmiyarov, Ye. B. & Tsvetkov, V. V. (2006). Mnogokriterialnyy podkhod k vyboru sudovoy energeticheskoy ustanovki [Multi-criteria approach to the choice of a ship power plant]. Vestnik MGTU – Bulletin of Murmansk State Technical University, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 502–513 (in Russian).
- (2003). Pravila klassifikatsii i postroyki morskikh sudov [Rules for the classification and construction of ships]. Rossiyskiy morskoy registr sudokhodstva – Russian Maritime Register of Shipping, vol. 2, pp. 618 (in Russian).
- Boichuk, V., Gashev, M., Mykolaichuk, O., Gromov, G., Dybach, O., Zhabin,O., Vorontsov, D., Ryzhov, D., Inyushev, V., Nosovsky, A., & Sholomitsky, S. (2013). Plan dii shchodo vprovadzhennia na AES Ukrainy zakhodiv z pidvyshchennia bezpeky za rezultatamy stres-testiv [Action plan on implementation of safety improvement measures following stress tests at Ukrainian NPPs]. Yaderna ta radiatsiina bezpeka – Nuclear and Radiation Safety, no. 2 (58), pp. 3–7 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.32918/nrs.2013.2(58).01.
- Kondratyuk, V., Pysmennyy, Y., Verinov, O., Filatov, V., & Ostapenko, I. (2022). Pidvyshchennia bezpeky yadernoi enerhetyky z urakhuvanniam urokiv vazhkykh avarii [Improvement of nuclear safety taking into account the lessons learned from severe accidents]. Yaderna ta radiatsiina bezpeka – Nuclear and Radiation Safety, no. 3 (95), pp. 76–81 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.32918/nrs.2022.3(95).08.
- Maughan, C. V. (2005). Root-cause diagnostics of generator service failures. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Electric Machines and Drives, San Antonio, TX, USA, May 2005, pp. 1927–1935. https://doi.org/10.1109/IEMDC.2005.195983.
- Zaichenko, S., Shevchuk, S., Opryshko, V., Pryadko, S., Halem, A., & Adjebi, A. (2020). Determination of autonomous electrical energy source technical condition based on an internal combustion engine. 2020 IEEE KhPI Week on Advanced Technology (KhPIWeek). Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2020, pp. 305–308. https://doi.org/10.1109/KhPIWeek51551.2020.9250074.
- Shevchuk, S., Zaichenko, S., Opryshko, V., & Adjebi, A. (2019). Determination of the diagnostic system inertial parameters for power generating station combustion engine. 2019 IEEE 6th International Conference on Energy Smart Systems (ESS). Kyiv, Ukraine, 2019, pp. 88–91. https://doi.org/10.1109/ESS.2019.8764170.
- Chetvergov, V. A., Ovcharenko, S. M., & Bukhteyev, V. F. (2014). Tekhnicheskaya diagnostika lokomotivov [Technical diagnostics of locomotives]: Textbook. Moscow: Educational and methodological center for education in railway transport, 371 p. (in Russian).
Received 10 January 2023
Published 30 March 2023