|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||Anatolii Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 26, no. 2, 2023 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2023, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 33-39|
Volodymyr H. Mykhailenko, Anatolii Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NAS of Ukraine (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0003-3082-6148
Yevhen F. Lukianov, Anatolii Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NAS of Ukraine (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0001-8839-091X
Olha I. Lukianova, Anatolii Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NAS of Ukraine (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0001-7235-7293
Tamara S. Vitkovska, Anatolii Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NAS of Ukraine (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0001-6890-0441
Oleksandr Ye. Khinievich, Anatolii Pidhornyi Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NAS of Ukraine (2/10, Pozharskyi str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), ORCID: 0000-0003-1902-534X
Water is considered as the working fluid of wet steam turbine units. The importance of a purposeful change in the thermophysical properties of water used for energy needs is indicated. A reagent-free method (transverse magnetic field of permanent magnets) of influence on water is proposed. Literature data on currently available papers dedicated to the study of water properties is presented. It is shown that the mechanisms of influence of external physical fields on the physicochemical and thermophysical properties of water have not been elucidated as of now. It is emphasized that the properties of distilled water during exposure and after exposure to physical fields are even less studied. The currently existing contradictions between theoretical ideas about the properties of water and experimental results are considered. It was found that currently there are no correct methods and equipment capable of indicating changes in water properties in real time. As a solution, the equipment and method of analyzing the optical density of distilled water is proposed. The shortcomings of most existing experimental works on the study of the influence of physical fields on the optical density of water are analyzed. The requirements for devices intended for measuring the optical density of distilled water are formulated. A stand was made and experimental work on the study of the dependence of the optical density of distilled water on the induction of a magnetic field that affects it was carried out. It is proved that the magnetic field affects the optical density of distilled water in the infrared range of wavelengths both in the direction of increase (4.1%) and in the direction of decrease (1.7 %) depending on the induction of the magnetic field and the speed of water flow through the working section of magnetization device. A hypothesis explaining the obtained result is proposed.
Keywords: magnetic field, optical density, magnetic field induction, distilled water.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Krasnobryzhev, V. G. (2009) Upravleniye teployomkostyu vody v teploenergetike [Management of the heat capacity of water in the thermal power industry]. Torsionnyye polya i informatsionnoye vzaimodeystviye [Torsion fields and information interaction]: Proceedings of the International Scientific and Technical Conference, August 25–29, 2009, Khosta, Sochi. Moscow: Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, pp. 500–505 (in Russian).
- Ravdel, A. A. & Ponomareva, A. M. (eds.). (2002). Kratkiy spravochnik fiziko-khimicheskikh velichin [Brief reference book of physical and chemical quantities]. St. Petersburg: Spetsial’naya literatura, 231 p. (in Russian).
- Wang, E. & Yu, Z. (2016). A numerical analysis of a composition-adjustable Kalina cycle power plant for power generation from low-temperature geothermal sources. Applied Energy, vol. 180, pp. 834–848. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.08.032.
- Kobe, S., Drazic, G., Mcguiness, P. J., & Strazisar, J. (2001). The inﬂuence of the magnetic ﬁeld on the crystallisation form of calcium carbonate and the testing of a magnetic water treatment device. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 236, iss. 1–2, pp. 71–76. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-8853(01)00432-2.
- Wang, Y., Wei, H., & Li, Z. (2018). Effect of magnetic field on the physical properties of water. Results in Physics, vol. 8, pp. 262–267. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rinp.2017.12.022.
- Han, X., Peng, Y., & Ma, Z. (2016). Effect of magnetic ﬁeld on optical features of water and KCl solutions. Optic, vol. 127, iss. 16, pp. 6371–6376. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2016.04.096.
- Betskiy, O. V., Lebedeva, N. N., & Kotrovskaya, T. I. (2003). Neobychnyye svoystva vody v slabykh elektromagnitnykh polyakh [Unusual properties of water in weak electromagnetic fields]. Biomeditsinskaya radioelektronika – Biomedical radio electronics, no. 1, pp. 37–44 (in Russian).
- Stas, I. Ye., Mikhaylova, O. P., & Bessonova, A. P. (2006). Vliyaniye vysokochastotnogo elektromagnitnogo polya na fiziko-khimicheskiye svoystva distillirovannoy vody [Influence of a high-frequency electromagnetic field on the physicochemical properties of distilled water]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta – Bulletin of Tomsk State University, no. 62, pp. 43–51 (in Russian).
- Davidzon, M. I. (1985). O deystvii magnitnogo polya na slaboprovodyashchiye vodnyye sistemy [On the effect of a magnetic field on weakly conductive water systems]. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy Ministerstva vysshego i srednego spetsial’nogo obrazovaniya SSSR. Fizika – News of higher educational institutions of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the USSR. Physics, no. 4, pp. 89–94 (in Russian).
- Malenkov, G. G. (2006). Structure and dynamics of liquid water. Journal of Structural Chemistry, vol. 47 (Suppl 1), S1–S31. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10947-006-0375-8.
- Wang, Y., Zhang, B, Gong, Z, Gao, K., Ou, Y., & Zhang, J. (2013). The effect of a static magnetic ﬁeld on the hydrogen bonding in water using frictional experiments. Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 1052, pp. 102–104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2013.08.021.
- Cai, R., Yang, H., He, J., & Zhu, W. (2009). The effects of magnetic ﬁelds on water molecular hydrogen bonds. Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 938, iss. 1–3, pp. 15–19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2009.08.037.
- Toledo, E. J. L, Ramalho, T. C, & Magriotis, Z. M. (2008). Inﬂuence of magnetic ﬁeld on physical–chemical properties of the liquid water: insights from experimental and theoretical models. Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 888, iss. 1–3, pp. 409–415. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2008.01.010.
- Kovalenko, V. F., Levchenko, P. G., & Shutov, S. V. (2008). Klasternaya priroda svetorasseyaniya vody [Cluster nature of water light scattering]. Biomeditsinskaya radioelektronika – Biomedical radio electronics, no. 5, pp. 36–45 (in Russian).
- Bunkin, N. F., Suyazov, N. V., & Tsipenyuk, D. Yu. (2005). Small-angle scattering of laser radiation by stable micron particles in twice-distilled water. Quantum Electronics, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 180–184. https://doi.org/10.1070/QE2005v035n02ABEH002898.
- Kovalenko, V. F., Bordyuk, A. Yu., & Shutov, S. V. (2011). Opredeleniye formy klasterov vody [Determination of the shape of water clusters]. Optika atmosfery i okeana – Atmospheric and Oceanic Optics, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 601–605 (in Russian).
- Nesteryuk, P. I. (2012). Izmeritelno-vychislitel’nyy kompleks i metody issledovaniy fiziko-khimicheskikh parametrov vody posle vozdeystviya fizicheskikh poley [Measuring and computing complex and methods for studying the physical and chemical parameters of water after exposure to physical fields]: Ph.D. dissertation. Polzunov Altai State Technical University, Barnaul, 19 p. (in Russian).
Received 20 March 2023
Published 30 June 2023