|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||Anatolii Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 26, no. 2, 2023 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2023, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 39-45|
The subject of research in the paper is the process of forming a criterion base to evaluate the effectiveness of carrying out modification changes in a transport category aircraft. The goal is to develop supporting criteria for making decisions regarding the expediency of modification changes, namely, during design, during production, and at the stage of its operation, at each stage of the life cycle of a new transport category aircraft. The complexity of the task lies in the need to develop a model for evaluation of the consequences of changing the aircraft for each stage separately, which would collectively determine the integral effectiveness of its modification. To evaluate the efficiency of basic aircrafts in operation, there are a number of economic indicators of their efficiency, in particular, the cost of an aircraft hour and the transportation of one ton of cargo per one kilometer, which are only partially taken into account when analyzing the efficiency of aircraft modifications, although in the case of aircraft transport category, specific cost criteria for the entire life cycle both for the base aircraft and for its modification is required. For their development, a method of estimating the cost of the entire life cycle of the aircraft is proposed, as well as a method of dividing modification changes according to the parameters of the upper level (PMD), which is used at the stage of designing the devices, and the lower level (PPO) for the operational stage. On the basis of and taking into account the specifics of the specified methods, indicators of additional labor costs that arise during the implementation of modification changes in the conditions of production and at the stage of aircraft operation have been developed. The proposed criteria take into account indicators of the transport efficiency of heavy aircraft modifications and the integral efficiency of the modification, taking into account the costs at all the main stages of the life cycle of the modification. The scientific novelty of the obtained results is as follows: the supporting criteria for the adoption of decisions regarding the expediency of modification changes at each stage of the life cycle of a new transport category aircraft are proposed, i.e. during design, under the conditions of production and at the stage of its operation. Such criteria will ensure the integral efficiency of the transport aircraft modification.
Keywords: transport aircraft; base aircraft, aircraft modifications; aircraft efficiency assessment models.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Antonov, O. K. & Tolmachev, V. I. (1966). Transportnyy samolet segodnya i zavtra [Transport aircraft today and tomorrow]. Aviatsiya i kosmonavtika – Aviation and astronautics, no. 8, pp. 18–25 (in Russian).
- Antonov, O. K. & Tolmachev, V. I. (1973). Osnovnyye problemy sozdaniya tyazhelogo dalnego transportnogo samoleta [The main problems of creating a heavy long-range transport aircraft]: a technical report no. 14526. O. K. Antonov Experienced design office (in Russian).
- Andriyenko, Yu. G. & Miroshnikov, A. V. (1984). Vremennaya mezhvedomstvennaya metodika otsenki sravnitelnoy ekonomicheskoy effektivnosti perspektivnykh samoletov grazhdanskoy aviatsii [Temporary interdepartmental methodology for assessing the comparative economic efficiency of promising civil aviation aircraft]. Moscow: Vozdushnyy transport, 203 p. (in Russian).
- Andriyenko, Yu. G. (2002). Metod formirovaniya sovokupnosti tekhniko-ekonomicheskikh kharakteristik v protsedure vybora proyektnykh resheniy pri razrabotke transportnykh samoletov [The method of forming a set of technical and economic characteristics in the procedure for choosing design solutions in the development of transport aircraft]. Otkrytyye informatsionnyye i kompyuternyye integrirovannyye tekhnologii – Open information and computer integrated technologies: Collection of scientific works of National Aerospace University “Kharkiv Aviation Institute”, iss. 12, pp. 125–138 (in Russian).
- Klochkov, V. V., Nizhnik, M. V., & Rusanova, A. L. (2009). Forecasting the cost benefit of developing new modes of rapid passenger transport. Studies on Russian Economic Development, vol. 20, iss. 3, pp. 268–280. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1075700709030058.
- (2013). Current market outlook 2013–2032. The Boeing Company, 42 p. URL: https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-source/misc/boeing_current_market_outlook_20131.pdf.
- Ignatyevs, S, Makushkin, S, & Spivakovskyy, S. (2021). Economic feasibility of modifications to the design of transport aircraft. INCAS Bulletin, vol. 13, special iss., pp. 67–76. https://doi.org/10.13111/2066-8201.2021.13.S.7.
- Syam, S. & Jagathy Ray, V. P. (2013). Airworthiness – monitoring of modifications on aircraft, engines & components. International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management, vol. 19, iss. 3, pp. 201–220.
- Babenko, Yu. V. (2015). Formirovaniye tarifov na aviaperevozki s uchetom udelnykh zatrat za zhiznennyy tsikl modifikatsiy tyazhelogo transportnogo samoleta [Formation of tariffs for air transportation, taking into account unit costs for the life cycle of modifications of a heavy transport aircraft]. Aviatsionno-kosmicheskaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya – Aerospace Engineering and Technology, no. 10 (127), pp. 124–128 (in Russian).
Received 19 April 2023
Published 30 June 2023