|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 19, no. 1, 2016 (March)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2016, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 54-63|
P. M. Kanilo, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short historical aspects from the history of studying the secrets of the glacial epochs and changes in the Earth’s climate, as well as the birth of astronomical theory are given. It is emphasized that the present-day interglaciality, according to astronomical canons, would have to disappear in the millennium to come. The article substantiates the conclusion that modern climate warming is an anthropogenic-ecological reality associated with a sharp increase in human population and its predatory attitude to nature; a significant increase in the levels of inefficient use of natural resources and extremely dangerous environmental pollution by super toxicants; the degradation and destruction of biosphere systems, which lead to a decrease in the quality of their functioning.
Keywords: glacial epoch, interglacial, biosphere, greenhouse gases, biotic climate stabilization, fuel combustion, ecology, global warming
- Podrezov, O. A. (2009). Current climate change. Vestnik KRSU, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 123–137.
- Gorshkov, V. G. (2006). The nature of observed Earth’s climate stability. Geoecologia, inzhenernaya geologia, gidrogeologia, geocryologia, no. 6, pp. 483–495.
- Monin, A. S. (2005). New facts about the climate. Vestnik RAN, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 126–138.
- Imbrie, J. (1988). Ice Ages: Solving the Mystery. Moscow: Progress Publishers, 264 p.
- Meleshko, V. P. (2007). Climate warming: causes and consequences. Khimia i zhyzn, no. 4, pp. 1–7.
- Gulev, S. K., Katsov, V. M., & Solomina, O. N (2008). Global warming is underway. Vestnik RAN, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 20–27.
- Morev, S. Yu. (2012). Climatic challenges of the 21st century. Uspekhi sovremennoho yestestvoznania, no. 3, pp. 65–68.
- Kanilo, P. M. (2013). Automotive transport. Fuel and ecological problems and perspectives. Kharkiv: Kharkiv National Automotive and Road University, 272 p.
- Kanilo, P. M. (2015). Global climate warming. Anthropogenic-ecological reality. Kharkiv: Kharkiv National Automotive and Road University, 312 p.
- Seminozhenko, V. P., Kanilo, P. M., Ostapchuk, V. N., & Rovenskiy, A. I. (2003). Energy. Ecology. Future. Kharkiv: Prapor Publishers, 464 p.
- Makarieva, A. M. & Gorshkov, V. G. (2001). Greenhouse effect and the problem of stability of the average global temperature of Earth’s surface. Doklady RAN, vol. 376, no. 6, pp. 810–814.
- Kanilo, P. M., Vnukova, N. V., & Kostenko, K. V. (2010). Impact of automotive transport and power engineering on climate warming. Avtomobilnyi transport, iss. 48, pp. 170–175.
- Kanilo, P. M. & Kostenko, K. V. (2010). Anthropogenic-ecological components of global climate warming. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 68–76.
- Kondratiev, S. M. & Demyrchan, K. S. (2001). Earth’s climate and the Kyoto. Vestnik RAN, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 1002–1009.
- Losev, K. S. (2009). Paradoxes of controlling global warming. Vestnik RAN, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 36–40.
- Kanilo, P. M., Marchenko, A. P., & Parsadanov, V. (2015). Thermal power engineering, ICE and global climate warming. Dvigateli vnutrennogo zgorania, no. 2, pp. 57–68.
Received 01 March 2016
Published 30 March 2016