|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 19, no. 2, 2016 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2016, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 3-10|
V. P. Orlovskiy, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine)
A. S. Kovalev, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine)
The main features of the developed mathematical model are considered on whose e basis a software package has been created. This package allows performing calculations of parameters of non-equilibrium condensing steam in channels with a given geometry, taking into account volumetric condensation both on homogeneous and heterogeneous embryos. It has been established that the change in the absolute values of the pressures along the nozzle flow path, obtained by calculation, is in good agreement with the experimental data. It is stated that for the first time a number of experimental studies have been carried out to determine the effect of heterogeneous condensation nuclei obtained by steam ionization on the parameters of the vapor flow in supersonic nozzles. The possibility of reducing losses from overcooling and condensation jumps due to steam ionization is shown, which can contribute to an increase in the efficiency and power of the wet-steam sections of natural turbine sections.
Keywords: steam turbine, mathematical model, ionization, nonequilibrium, condensation jump, experimental stand, efficiency
- Stodola, A. (1922). Dampf- und Gas- Turbinen. Berlin: Verlag von Julius Springer, 1144 p.
- Garmathy, G. (1962). Grundlagen einer Theorie der Nabdampfturbine. Zurich, 284 p.
- Frankel, Y. I. (1959). Collection of selected works. Vol. 3. Kinetic theory of liquids. Moscow, Leningrad: USSR Academy of Sciences, 460 p.
- Saltanov, G. A. (1972). Supersonic two-phase flows. Minsk: Vyshaya Shkola. 480 p.
- Saltanov, G. A. (1979). Nonequilibrium and nonstationary processes in gas dynamics of single-phase and two-phase media. Moscow: Nauka, 288 p.
- Filippov, G. A. & Povarov, O. A. (1979). Investigation of the influence of hydrophobic additives on the turbine stages of wet steam. Thermal Engineering, no. 6, pp. 33–35.
- Deitch, M. E. (1986). Influence of additives of octadecylamine (ODA) on the structural and energy characteristics of two-phase flow. Thermal Engineering, no. 9, pp. 14–18.
- Tarelin, A. O., Skliarov, V. P., & Weres, O. (2002). Patent no. 2385259 of Canada, MPK6 F 01 D 25/30. Device to increase turbine efficiency by removing electric charge from steam, no. 20022385259; application 16.05.02; published 22.11.02. Access mode: ru.espacenet.com.
- Tarelin, A. A., Sklyarov, V. P., & Kovalev, A. S. (2008). Mathematical modeling of processes occurring during the nonequilibrium expansion of the wet steam. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 3–7.
- Tarelin, A. A. & Sklyarov, V. P. (2011). Steam turbines: electrophysical phenomena and nonequilibrium processes. St. Petersburg: Energotech, 292 p.
- Sklyarov, V. P. & Kovalev, A. S. (2012). Development of physical principles for determining the concentration of heterogeneous embryos of condensation in an expanding in the two-phase area steam. Proceedings of the National Technical University ‘Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute’, Power and thermal processes and equipment, no. 7, pp. 88–96.
- Tarelin, A. A. (2014). Eelectrization of wet-steam and its impact on the reliability and efficiency of turbines. Thermal Engineering, no. 11, pp. 21–28. https://doi.org/10.1134/S004060151411010X
Received 01 April 2016
Published 30 June 2016