J. of Mech. Eng., 2016, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 37-42
|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 19, no. 3, 2016 (September)|
This study focuses on the optimal design of tubular core structures exposed to a corrosive environment. The stress state effect on the corrosion kinetics of the structure is taken into account using the Dolinsky corrosion model. As a function of the target, an economical model is taken that takes into account, in addition to the initial cost of the structure, the reliability and costs caused by its failure. The initial dimensions of the sections of tubular elements, as well as their design resistances, are optimized.
Keywords: corrosion, optimization, reliability
- Dolinsky, V. M. (1967). Analysis of Loaded Tubes Subjected to Corrosion. Chemical and Oil Industry Engineering, no. 2, pp. 21–30. (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01150056
- Pochtman, Y. M. & Fridman M. M. (1997). Methods of Reliability Analysis and Optimal Design of Structures under Extremal Conditions. Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk: Nauka i Obrazovanye, 134 p. (in Russian).
- Fridman, M. M. & Życzkowski, M. (2001). Structural Optimization of Elastic Columns under Stress Corrosion Conditions. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 21 (3), pp. 218–228. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001580050186
- Gutman, E. M., Zaynullin, R. S., & Shatalova, T. G. (1984). The strength of gas pipe in terms of corrosion wear. Moscow: Nedra, 76 p. (in Russian).
- Gutman, E. M., Zaynullin, R. S., & Zaripov, R. A. (1984). Kinetics of mechanicochemical failure and the life of constructional elements in tension in elastoplastic deformations. Mater. Sci., vol. 20, iss. 2, pp. 101–103. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00721328
- Fridman, M. M. & Elishakoff I. (2013). Buckling optimization of compressed bars undergoing corrosion. Ocean Systems Eng., vol. 3, iss. 2, pp. 123–136. https://doi.org/10.12989/ose.2013.3.2.123
- (1990). SNIP II-23-81. Building Regulations. Steel Structures. Moscow: Stroiizdat Publishers, 96 p. (in Russian).
- Kapur, K. & Lamberson, L. (1977). Reliability in engineering design. New York: John Wiley.
- Augusti, G., Baratta, A., & Casciati, F. (1984). Probabilistic Methods in Structural Engineering. London: CRC Press, 582 p. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203215449
- Gurvich, I. B., Zaharchenko, B. G., & Pochtman, Yu. M. (1979). Randominized Algorithm for Solution of Problems of Nonlinear Programming. Izv. Ac. Sci. USSR, Engineering Cybernetics, no. 5, pp. 15–17 (in Russian).
Received 10 August 2016