J. of Mech. Eng., 2017, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 22-27
|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 20, no. 1, 2017 (March)|
O. S. Tsakanyan, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
V. N. Goloshchapov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine)
S. V. Koshel, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine)
N. G. Ganzha, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine)
A measurement technique and a measuring instrument design have been developed for determining the level of heat losses in any section of pipelines, regardless of the type of thermal insulation. The device is a case mounted on a pipe. It has screens on the internal surfaces and openings from below and above for temperature and airflow measuring sensors, which determine heat losses to the environment. Previously, the instrument is subjected to calibration under laboratory conditions with the use of a thermal power standard where it is evenly distributed over the surface of the section simulating the pipeline. The standard is a model of the pipeline section containing a heater and an integral temperature sensor. By changing the diameter of the hole in the end covers of the device, you can use it to measure the heat loss of pipelines of various diameters.
Keywords: heat loss, measurement, standard, pipeline
- (1989). SNiP 2.04.14-88. Teplovaja izoljacija oborudovanija i truboprovodov [Thermal insulation of equipment and pipelines]. – Moscow, CITP Gosstroja SSSR, 28 p.
- Bajbakov, S. A., & Timoshkin, A. C. (2009). Metodiki opredelenija i ocenki fakticheskih poter’ cherez izoljaciju v vodjanyh setjah sistem centralizovannogo teplosnabzhenija bez otkljuchenija potrebitelej [Methods of identification and evaluation of actual losses through the insulation of water networks of district heating systems without disconnecting consumers]. Novosti teplosnabzhenija–News of heat supply, no. 5, pp. 38–44.
- Isachenko, V. P., Osipova, V. P., Isachenkо, V. A., & Mukomel, A. S. (1965). Teploperedacha [Heat transfer]. Moscow-Leningrad, Energija, 424 p.
- Gerashhenko, O. A., & Fedorov, V. G. (1965). Teplovye i temperaturnye izmerenija. Sprav. Rukovodstvo [Heat and temperature measurement]. Kiev, Nauk. Dumka, 304 p.
- Osipova, V. A. (1979). Eksperimental’noe issledovanie processov teploobmena [Experimental study of heat transfer processes]. Moscow, Energija, 320 p.
Received 18 November 2016