|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 20 no. 2, 2017 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2017, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 46-53|
M. V. Mir-Salim-zade, Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (9, F. Agaev St., Baku, AZ1141, Azerbaijan), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
An infinite elastic isotropic plate with a circular hole is studied, from the contour of which two symmetric straight-line cracks originate. A case of partial closure of cracks in the end zones is considered. In order to determine the parameters characterizing the closure of cracks, a singular integral equation is obtained, which is reduced to a finite non-linear algebraic system using an algebraization procedure. When solving the algebraic system by the method of successive approximations, we found the cohesive forces in the bonds, contact stresses, and size of the contact zones of cracks.
Keywords: stringer plate, circular hole, cohesive forces, contact faces, contact stresses
- Mirsalimov, V. M. (1977). Study of maximum stress field alongside cracks emerging from contours of openings in a perforated plate. J. of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, vol. 18, iss. 2, pp. 263–269. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00859819
- Mirsalimov, V. M. (1979). Uprugo-plasticheskoe ravnovesie plastiny, oslablennoj dvojakoperiodicheskoj sistemoj kruglyh otverstij i treshhinami, vyhodja-shhimi na kontury otverstij [Elastic-plastic equilibrium of the plate with the double-periodical system of the round orifices and cracks running to the orifices contour]. Izvestiya AN AzSSR, Seriya Fiz.-Tekh. i Mat. Nauk, iss. 2, pp. 118–125.
- Mirsalimov, V. M. (1980). Brittle fracture of a plate weakened by a periodic system of circular holes with cracks emanating from their contours. Soviet Applied Mechanics, vol. 16, iss. 11, pp. 992–997. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00884882
- Mir-Salim-zadeh, M. V. (2003). Fracture of an elastic rib reinforced plate weakened by a circular cracked hole. Int. J. of Fracture, vol. 122, iss. 1-2, pp. L113–L117. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:FRAC.0000005407.38573.94
- Yan, Xiangqiao. (2006). Cracks emanating from circular hole or square hole in rectangular plate in tension. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, vol. 73, iss. 12, pp. 1743–1754. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2006.02.003
- Mir-Salim-zade, M. V. (2007). Modelirovanie zarozhdenija treshhiny v podkreplennoj plastine s krugovym otverstiem [Modeling of nucleation of crack in strengthened plate with round hole]. Deformatsiya i Razrushenie materialov, iss. 8, pp. 40–47.
- Mir-Salim-zade, M. V. (2008). Ultimate state of a plate with a regular system of stringers and cracks issuing from a circular hole. J. of Machinery Manufacture and Reliability, vol. 37, iss. 4, pp. 352–358. https://doi.org/10.3103/S1052618808040067
- Mirsalimov, V. M. & Shahbandaev, E. G. (2008). Predel’noe ravnovesie teplovydeljajushhej sredy s periodicheskoj sistemoj otverstij i prjamolinejnyh treshhin [Limit equilibrium of heat-generating medium with a periodic system of holes and rectilinear cracks]. Bulletin of the Yakovlev Chuvash State Pedagogical University. Series: Mechanics of Limit State, no. 1 (4), pp. 98–107.
- Shahbandaev, E. G. (2008). On partial closing of cracks in heat-releasing medium weakened by a periodic system of circular holes. Proceedings of IMM of NAS of Azerbaijan, vol. XXIX, iss. XXXVII, pp. 215–224.
- Chen, Y. Z., Lin, X. Y., & Wang, Z. X. (2009). A semi-analytic solution for multiple curved cracks emanating from circular hole using singular integral equation. Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 213, iss. 2, pp. 389–404. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2009.03.021
- Mir-Salim-zade, M. V. (2012). Elastoplastic fracture of a perforated stringer plate. J. of Machinery Manufacture and Reliability, vol. 41, iss. 3, pp. 218–222. https://doi.org/10.3103/S1052618812020112
- Mirsalimov, V. M. & Iskenderov, R. A. (2013). Zarozhdenie treshhin pri odnorodnom izgibe izotropnoj plastiny, oslablennoj periodicheskoj sistemoj krugovyh otverstij [Crack nucleation at pure bending of isotropic plate weakened by periodic system of circular holes]. Bulletin of the Yakovlev Chuvash State Pedagogical University. Series: Mechanics of Limit State, no. 1 (15), pp. 145–152.
- Hasanov, Sh. G. (2013). Modeling of shear crack nucleation in a body, weakening by periodic system of circular holes. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 29–37.
- Mirsalimov, V. M. (2017). Cracking in heat-releasing perforated material. Acta Mechanica, vol. 228, iss. 1, pp. 201–214. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-016-1711-5
- Mirsalimov, V. M. (1986). Some problems of structural arrest of cracks. Soviet materials science: a transl. of Fiziko-khimicheskaya mekhanika materialov / Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, vol. 22, iss. 1, pp. 81–85. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00720871
- Savruk, M. P. & Kravets, V. S. (1995). Reinforcement of a thin cracked plate by a system of parallel stringers. Materials Science, vol. 30, iss. 1, pp. 95–104. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00559023
- Mir-Salim-zadeh, M. V. (2010). Modeling of partial closure of cracks in a perforated isotropic medium reinforced by a regular system of stringers. J. of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, vol. 51, iss. 2, pp. 269–279. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10808-010-0037-7
- Mir-Salim-zada, M. V. (2014). Contact problem for stringer plate weakened by variable width slit. Fundamental and Applied Problems of Engineering and Technology, iss. 2 (304), pp. 23–29.
- Mir-Salim-zada, M. V. (2016). Zakrytie shheli, ishodjashhej iz kontura krugovogo otverstija v stringernoj plastine [Closing of a slit started from contour of circular hole in stringer plate]. Bulletin of the Yakovlev Chuvash State Pedagogical University. Series: Mechanics of Limit State, no. 1 (27), pp. 78–89.
- Muskhelishvili, N. I. (1977). Some basic problems of mathematical theory of elasticity. Springer, Dordrecht, 732 p. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-3034-1
- Panasyuk, V. V., Savruk, M. P., & Datsyshin, A. P. (1976). Raspredelenie naprjazhenij okolo treshhin v plastinah i obolochkah [Distribution of Stresses near Cracks in Plates and Shells]. Kiyev: Naukova Dumka, 443 p.
- Mirsalimov, V. M. (1987). Neodnomernye uprugoplasticheskie zadachi [Non-one-dimensional Elastoplastic Problems]. Moscow: Nauka, 256 p.
Received 11 May 2017
Published 30 June 2017