|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 22, no. 1, 2019 (March)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2019, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 53-59|
This article proposes a decision support system project to find the optimal milling cutter design. At the preliminary design stage, morphological analysis is used. It allows us to find and systematize all possible milling cutter structures with the necessary functional purpose. To automate the design formation process, an algorithm based on a resolution method is applied, with the algorithm using the logic of first-order predicates. An enumeration of possible states and assembly of a milling cutter structure from ready-made elements are carried out. It is expedient to describe this algorithm in terms of logical operations. It consists in a deductive derivation of the sentence of the form: “There are dimensional parameters x1,…,xn and forces such that a constructive solution satisfying the given properties P (x1…,xn) is deduced from a set of possible connections “x1… “xn (K1(x1,…,xn)Ù… ÙKn(x1,…,xn) Þ В(x1,…,xn)), which denote dimensional, force and other real connections that arise between the parts of real structures.” The condition for the transition from the specific parts to the logic of first-order predicates is the capability of a certain part (for example, plate P) to function in real conditions if and only if there is a set of fixing forces f1, f2, …, fn that are applied at points x1,x2,…,xn. The basic effectiveness parameters of milling cutter design are: reliability, productivity, and energy efficiency that are set as objective functions. They also take into account the static and dynamic design characteristics. The variable parameters are the geometric shape and dimensional parameters of a milling cutter. For each variant of the geometric form, a 3D model of the milling cutter is constructed and its static and dynamic characteristics are calculated. These parameters are then included in the objective functions. Optimization is carried out on the basis of the gradient descent method. The optimal design is chosen with the interaction of intelligent agents. In this case, the milling cutter design provides the best ratio of the objective functions. The architecture of the system is based on the integration of CAD/CAE systems with a multi-agent system (MAS). The search for a solution is carried out automatically as a result of the interaction of independent task-oriented software agents. To build MAS, we use the Java Jade library in the NetBean development environment. The considered approach allows us to reduce the time expenditures in designing or choosing the design of a metal cutting tool.
Keywords: structural optimization, multi-agent system, milling cutter, business process, object-oriented approach, performance, reliability, energy efficiency
Full text: Download in PDF
- Senkin, Ye. N. (1989). Podsistema mnogokriterialnoy parametricheskoy optimizatsii rezhushchego instrumenta [Subsystem of multicriteria parametric optimization of cutting tools]. Stanki i instrument − Machines and Tooling, 4, pp. 15–17 (in Russian).
- Subbotin, S. O., Oleynik, A. O., & Oleynik O. O. (2009). Neiterativnyye, evolyutsionnyye i multiagentnyye metody sinteza nechetkologicheskikh i neyrosetevykh modeley (pod. red. S.O. Subbotina) [Subbotin, S. O. (Ed.). Non-iterative, evolutionary and multi-agent methods for the synthesis of fuzzycology and neural network models]. Zaporozhye: ZNTU, 375 p. (in Russian).
- Weiss, G. (Ed.). (1999). Multiagent Systems: a Modern Approach to Distributed Artificial Intelligence. London, Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press, 609 p.
- Rassel, S. & Norvig, P. (2016). Iskusstvennyy intellekt: sovremennyy podkhod, 2-ye izd. (per. s angl.) [Artificial intelligence: A modern approach, (2 nd ed). (trans. from English)]. Moscow: OOO “D. Vilyams”, 1408 p. (in Russian).
- Lakhin, O. I., Simonova, Ye. V., & Skobelev, P. O. (2015). Podkhod k razrabotke prototipa intellektualnoy sistemy podderzhki prinyatiya soglasovannykh resheniy pri proyektirovanii malorazmernykh kosmicheskikh apparatov na osnove multiagentnykh tekhnologiy [Approach to the development of a prototype of an intelligent decision support system for designing small-size spacecraft based on multi-agent technologies]. -upravlyayushchiye sistemy − Information and Control Systems, no. 2, pp. 43–47 (in Russian).
- Kozyreva, V. V. (2013). Avtomatizatsiya variantnogo proyektirovaniya konstruktsiy na osnove sistem agentov s adaptivnym povedeniyem: avtoref. dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk / stroit. un-t [Automation of alternative design of structures based on systems of agents with adaptive behavior (Author’s abstract of a Master’s Thesis in Engineering) / Moscow University of Civil Engineering]. Moscow, 19 p. (in Russian).
- Litvinenko, V. A. & Khovanskov, S. A. (2007). Organizatsiya raspredelennykh vychisleniy na osnove multiagentnogo podkhoda [Organization of distributed computing based on the multi-agent approach]. TRTU − Izvestiya TRTU. Taganrog, Izd-vo TRTU, pp. 246–251 (in Russian).
- Naboka, M. V. (2004). Proyektirovaniye sistem upravleniya slozhnymi informatsionnymi protsessami s primeneniyem mnogoagentnoy tekhnologii: avtoref. dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk / Volgograd. tekhn. un-t [Designing control systems for complex information processes using multi-agent technology (Author’s abstract of a Master’s Thesis in Engineering) / Volgograd Technical University]. Volgograd, 20 p. (in Russian).
- Odrin, V. M. (1989). Metod morfologicheskogo analiza tekhnicheskikh sistem [Method of morphological analysis of technical systems]. Moscow: VNIIPI, 312 p. (in Russian).
- Andreychikov, A. V. & Andreychikova, O. N. (1998). Kompyuternaya podderzhka izobretatelstva (metody, sistemy, primery primeneniya) [Computer support for invention (methods, systems, examples of application)]. Moscow: Mashinostroyeniye, 476 p. (in Russian).
- Álvarez, Asunción & Ritchey, Tom. (2015). Applications of General Morphological Analysis from Engineering Design to Policy Analysis / Asunción Álvarez and Tom Ritchey. Acta Morphologica Generalis, Swedish Morphological Society, v 4, no. 1, pp. 1–40. Retrieved from: http://www.amg.swemorph.com/pdf/amg-4-1-2015.pdf.
- Guzenko, V. S. (1991). Napravlennyy morfologicheskiy analiz i sintez instrumenta dlya osobo tyazhelykh usloviy rezaniya. Nadezhnost rezhushchego instrumenta [Directional morphological analysis and tool synthesis for particularly severe cutting conditions. Reliability of cutting tools]. Kramatorsk, Kramatorsk Industrial Institute, iss. 4, pp. 83–91 (in Russian).
- Tarasov, O. F., Altukhov, O. V., Sahaida, P. I., Vasylieva, L. V., & Anosov, V. L. (2017). Avtomatyzovane proektuvannia i vyhotovlennia vyrobiv iz zastosuvanniam SAD/SAM/SAE-system [Automated designing and manufacturing of products with SAD/SAM/SAE used]. Kramatorsk: TsTRI “Drukarskyi dim”, 239 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Kuznetsov, Yu. M., Lutsiv, V., & Dubyniak S. A. (1997). Teoriia tekhnichnykh system (pid zah. red. Yu. M. Kuznetsova) [Kuznetsov, Yu. M. (Ed.). Theory of technical systems]. Kyiv; Ternopil: Ternopil Technical University, 310 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Nagornyak, S. G. & Zelenskiy K. V. (1991). Sintez sbornykh tortsovykh frez s uprugodemp-firuyushchimi elementami [Synthesis of modular face milling cutters with elastic-damping elements] vuzov. Mashinostroyeniye – Izvestiya Vuzov. Mechanical Engineering, no. 10–12, pp. 123–125 (in Russian).
- Nastasenko, V. A. (1994). Morfologicheskiy analiz – metod sinteza tysyach izobreteniy [Morphological analysis as a method of synthesizing thousands of inventions]. Kiyev: Tekhnika, 44 p. (in Russian).
- Khayet, G. L., Gakh, V. M., Gromakov, K. G., Guzenko, V. S., Ivchenko, T. G., Loktev, A. D., & Muzykant, Ya. A. (1989). Sbornyy tverdosplavnyy instrument (pod obshch red. G. L. Khayeta) [Khayet, G. L. (Ed.) Prefabricated Carbide Tools]. Moscow: Mashinostoyeniye, 256 p. (in Russian).
- (2006). Freza tortseva zi stupinchastoiu skhemoiu rizannia [Milling cutter with stepped cutting pattern]: pat. 32129 Ukraina, MPK (2006) V23 C5/02 / V. S. Hubenko, O. F. Babin, V. L. Anosov. No. U 2007 12614, zaiavl. 14.11.2007; opubl. 12.05.2008. Biul. no. 9, 3 p. (in Ukrainian).
Received 11 October 2018
Published 30 March 2019