|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 22, no. 2, 2019 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2019, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 53-59|
Leonid I. Zevin, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi Str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com
Hennadii H. Krol, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharskyi Str., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine)
A method for calculating the indicators of structural reliability of systems with a large number of elements is presented. The method is based on the use of typical structural schemes, reflecting the concept of connections between elements. It is shown how, by sup-plementing and combining typical structures, one can create graphological structures to perform calculations of reliability indicators. The approach can be used in the development of algorithms and software solutions on computer problems, based on assessments of the structural reliability of systems. Such tasks, in particular, include: assessing the safety of nuclear units, planning their repairs, assessing the reliability of directional systems for transporting media, and estimating the residual resources of technical facilities. Various private methods have been developed for their solution. However, it is not possible to stan-dardize calculations of reliability indicators because of the diversity of systems and condi-tions of their operation. The presented approach is focused on the automation of calcula-tions of indicators of structural reliability of a wide class of technical systems. It is based on the proof of the existence of a calculation algorithm on a set of typical structural schemes. It is assumed that the computer recognizes images of typical structures as part of graphological images of systems. The content of the problem is as follows. A technical sys-tem is given. It is required to build a graphological image and calculate the index of its structural reliability. The proposed calculation method is based on the representation of the graphological image of the system in the form of a composition of graphological images of typical structures, the reliability indices of which are calculable. They are substituted by individual elements with calculated values of the reliability index. Such substitutions make it possible to simplify the initial graphological image of the system by reducing the total number of elements and calculate the system reliability indicator. The calculation and sub-stitution procedure continues until the graphical image of the system has one typical struc-ture for which we calculate the reliability index. The number of elements in the system is unlimited, since the subsitution procedure is carried out sequentially until the formation of one typical structure. A significant limitation in the application of the method to the calcu-lation of the structural reliability of a wide range of complex technical systems is due to the limitations of many typical structures. However, such a bank of typical structures can be created and used in the development of appropriate design programs.
Keywords: algorithm, system, structural reliability, typical schemes.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Ostreykovskiy, V. A. (2003). Teoriya nadezhnosti [Reliability Theory]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 463 p. (in Russian).
- Guk, Yu. B. (1988). Analiz nadozhnosti elektroenergeticheskikh ustanovok [Analysis of the reliability of electric power plants]. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat, 224 p. (in Russian).
- Nitushin, V. G. (1984). Nadezhnost energeticheskikh sistem [Reliability of energy systems]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 256 p. (in Russian).
- Ryabinin, I. A. & Cherkesov G. N. (1981). Logiko-veroyatnostnyye metody issledovaniya nadezhnosti strukturno-slozhnykh sistem [Logic-probabilistic methods for studying the reliability of structurally complex systems]. Moscow: Radio i svyaz, 264 p. (in Russian).
- Cherkesov, G. N. (1980). Analiz nadozhnosti slozhnykh sistem pri pomoshchi veroyatnostnoy logiki [Analysis of the reliability of complex systems using probabilistic logic]. Osnovnyye voprosy teorii i praktiki nadozhnosti – The main issues of the theory and practice of reliability, Collection of Works of the Scientific Council Seminar on Problems of Reliability of the Department of Mechanics and Control Processes of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Moscow: Sovetskoye radio, 328 p. (in Russian).
- Polovko, A. M. & Gurov, S. V. (2006). Osnovy teorii nadezhnosti [Basics of reliability theory]. St. Petersburg: BKHV-Peterburg, 704 p. (in Russian).
- Venttsel, Ye. S. (1972). Issledovaniye operatsiy [Operations research]. Moscow: Sovetskoye radio, 550 p. (in Russian).
- Zevin, L. I., Inkulis, V. V., & Zevin S. L. (2002). Metodika rascheta i analiza strukturnoy nadezhnosti blokov atomnykh stantsiy [Method of calculating and analyzing the structural reliability of nuclear power units]. Problemy mashinostroyeniya – Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 34–37 (in Russian).
- Zevin, S. L. (2002). Raspoznavaniye strukturnykh skhem v zadachakh modelirovaniya nadezhnosti energoustanovok [Recognition of structural diagrams in problems of modeling the reliability of power plants]. Visnyk NTU «KhPI». Seriya: Elektroenergetika i preobrazovatel’naya tekhnika – Bulletin of the NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and converter technology, iss. 9, vol. 3, pp. 33–38 (in Russian).
- Oboskalov, V. P. (2015). Problemy rascheta strukturnoy nadezhnosti sistem elektrosnabzheniya s ispol’zovaniyem metoda veroyatnostnogo ekvivalentirovaniya [Problems of calculating the structural reliability of power supply systems, using the probabilistic equivalent method]. Elektrichestvo – Electricity, no. 12, pp. 4–12 (in Russian).
- Burmutayev, A. Ye. (2011). Slozhnost modelirovaniya intervalnykh otsenok pokazateley strukturnoy nadezhnosti elektrotekhnicheskikh kompleksov metodom Monte-Karlo [The complexity of modeling interval estimates of the indicators of structural reliability of electrical systems, using the Monte-Carlo method]. Vektor nauki Tolyattin. gos. un-ta – Vector of Science of Togliatti State University, no. 3 (17), pp. 72–75 (in Russian).
Received 29 March 2019
Published 30 June 2019