|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 22, no. 4, 2019 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2019, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 24-31|
An analytical-numerical approach to solving the spatial problem of the theory of elasticity for a half-space rigidly coupled to a layer is proposed. In the half-space, parallel to its boundaries, there is an infinite circular cylindrical cavity. Both the layer and half-space are homogeneous isotropic materials, different from each other. It is necessary to investigate the stress-strain state of the elastic bodies of both the layer and half-space. On both the surface of the cavity and upper boundary of the layer, stresses are given. On the flat surface of contact between the layer and half-space, conjugation conditions arise. The solution to the spatial problem of the elasticity theory is obtained by the generalized Fourier method with regard to both the system of Lamé equations in cylindrical coordinates associated with the cavity and Cartesian coordinates associated with both the layer and half-space. The infinite systems of linear algebraic equations obtained as a result of satisfying both the boundary and conjugation conditions are solved by a reduction method. As a result, displacements and stresses are obtained at different points of both the elastic layer and elastic half-space. The fulfillment of boundary conditions was reduced to 10-4 by using the selected reduction parameter for the given geometric characteristics. An analysis of the stress-strain state of both the layer and half-space with the given physical and geometric parameters has been carried out. Graphs of stresses at the boundary between the layer and half-space, on the surface of the cavity and upper boundary of the layer, as well as on the bridge between the cavity and boundary of the half-space are presented. The indicated stress graphs show that the maximum stresses are concentrated both on the surface of the cylindrical cavity and surface of the half-space. The proposed method can be used to calculate parts and components, underground structures and communications, whose design schemes coincide with the purpose of this paper. The stress analysis presented above can be used to select geometric parameters at the design stage, and the stress graphs at the boundary between the layer and half-space, to analyze the coupling strength.
Keywords: cylindrical cavity in a half-space, composite, Lamé equation, conjugation conditions, generalized Fourier method.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Vaysfeld, N., Popov, G., & Reut, V. (2015). The axisymmetric contact interaction of an infinite elastic plate with an absolutely rigid inclusion. Acta Mechanica, vol. 226, iss. 3, pp. 797–810. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-014-1229-7
- Popov, G. Ya. & Vaysfeld, N. D. (2014). Solving an axisymmetric problem of elasticity for an infinite plate with a cylindrical inclusion with allowance for its specific weight. International Applied Mechanics, vol. 50, iss. 6, pp. 627–636. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-014-0661-7
- Grinchenko, V. T. & Ulitko, A. F. (1968). An exact solution of the problem of stress distribution close to a circular hole in an elastic layer. Soviet Applied Mechanics, vol. 4, iss. 10, pp. 31–37. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00886618
- Grinchenko, V. T. & Ulitko, A. F. (1985). Prostranstvennyye zadachi teorii uprugosti i plastichnosti. Ravnovesiye uprugikh tel kanonicheskoy formy [Spatial problems of the theory of elasticity and plasticity. Equilibrium of elastic bodies of canonical form]. Kiyev: Naukova Dumka, 280 p. (in Russian).
- Guz, A. N., Kubenko, V. D., & Cherevko, M. A. (1978). Difraktsiya uprugikh voln [Diffraction of elastic waves]. Kiyev: Naukova Dumka, 307 p. (in Russian).
- Grinchenko, V. T. & Meleshko, V. V. (1981). Garmonicheskiye kolebaniya i volny v uprugikh telakh [Harmonic oscillations and waves in elastic bodies]. Kiyev: Naukova Dumka, 284 p. (in Russian).
- Volchkov, V. V., Vukolov, D. S., & Storozhev, V. I. (2016). Difraktsiya voln sdviga na vnutrennikh tunnel’nykh tsilindricheskikh neodnorodnostyakh v vide polosti i vklyucheniya v uprugom sloye so svobodnymi granyami [Diffraction of shear waves on internal tunnel cylindrical inhomogeneities in the form of a cavity and inclusion in the elastic layer with free faces]. Mekhanika tverdogo tela – Mechanics of Rigid Bodies, vol. 46, pp. 119–133 (in Russian).
- Nikolayev, A. G. & Protsenko, V. S. (2011). Obobshchennyy metod Furye v prostranstvennykh zadachakh teorii uprugosti [The generalized Fourier method in spatial problems of the theory of elasticity]. Kharkov: Nats. aerokosm. universitet im. N. Ye. Zhukovskogo «KHAI», 344 p. (in Russian).
- Nikolaev, A. G. & Orlov, Ye. M. (2012). Resheniye pervoy osesimmetrichnoy termouprugoy krayevoy zadachi dlya transversalno-izotropnogo poluprostranstva so sferoidalnoy polostyu [Solution of the first axisymmetric thermoelastic boundary value problem for a transversely isotropic half-space with a spheroidal cavity]. Problemy obchyslyuvalnoyi mekhaniky i mitsnosti konstruktsiy – Problems of computational mechanics and strength of structures, vol. 20, pp. 253–259 (in Russian).
- Miroshnikov, V. Yu. (2018). First basic elasticity theory problem in a half-space with several parallel round cylindrical cavities. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 12–18. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2018.02.012
- Protsenko, V. & Miroshnikov, V. (2018). Investigating a problem from the theory of elasticity for a half-space with cylindrical cavities for which boundary conditions of contact type are assigned. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 43–50. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2018.139567
- Nikolaev, A. G., Shcherbakova, A. Yu., & Yukhno, A. I. (2006). Deystviye sosredotochennoy sily na transversalno-izotropnoye poluprostranstvo s paraboloidalnym vklyucheniyem [Action of a concentrated force on a transversely-isotropic half-space with paraboloidal inclusion]. Voprosy proyektirovaniya i proizvodstva konstruktsiy letatelnykh apparatov – Questions of design and production of aircraft structures, vol. 2, pp. 47–51 (in Russian).
- Miroshnikov, V. Yu. (2018). Evaluation of the stress-strain state of half-space with cylindrical cavities. Visnyk Dniprovskoho universytetu. Seriya: Mekhanika – Bulletin of the Dnipro University. Series: Mechanics, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 109–118.
- Nikolaev, A. G. & Tanchik, Ye. A. (2013). Raspredeleniye napryazheniy v yacheyke odnonapravlennogo kompozitsionnogo materiala, obrazovannogo chetyrmya tsilindricheskimi voloknami [Stress distribution in a cell of a unidirectional composite material formed by four cylindrical fibers]. Visnyk Odeskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Matematyka. Mekhanika – Odesa National University Herald. Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 4, pp. 101–111 (in Russian).
- Miroshnikov, V. Yu. (2019). Doslidzhennia druhoi osnovnoi zadachi teorii pruzhnosti dlia sharu z tsylindrychnoiu porozhnynoiu [Investigation of the second main problem of the theory of elasticity for a layer with a cylindrical cavity]. Opir materialiv i teoriia sporud – Strength of Materials and Theory of Structures, no. 102, pp. 77–90 (in Ukrainian).
- Miroshnikov, V. Yu. (2019). Zmishana zadacha teorii pruzhnosti dlia sharu z tsylindrychnym vkliuchenniam [Mixed problem of the theory of elasticity for a cylindrical inclusion layer]. Naukovyi visnyk budivnytstva – Scientific Bulletin of Civil Engineering, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 247–252 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.29295/2311-7257-2019-96-2-247-252
- Miroshnikov, V. Yu. (2019). Investigation of the stress strain state of the layer with a longitudinal cylindrical thick-walled tube and the displacements given at the boundaries of the layer. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 44–52. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2019.02.044
- Kantorovich, L. V. & Akilov, G. P. (1977). Funktsionalnyy analiz [Functional analysis]. Moscow: Nauka, 742 p. (in Russian).
Received 28 August 2019
Published 30 December 2019