|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering – Problemy Mashynobuduvannia|
|Publisher||A. Pidhornyi Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||2709-2984 (Print), 2709-2992 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 24, no. 2, 2021 (June)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2021, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 24-36|
An algorithm to confirm the seismic resistance of equipment by a calculation method is proposed, and the limits of its application are determined. A mathematical model of the equipment is developed, and an example of the determination of natural frequencies and stresses for a three-dimensional structure is given. Two main types of calculation were used – static and dynamic. In the static calculation, the stress-strain state of a structure was determined. The values of the obtained stresses were compared with the allowable ones for the materials used, on the basis of which conclusions were made about the strength of the structure under seismic effects. The dynamic calculation resulted in the determination of the rigidity of the structure. The comparison of the stress values obtained for this equipment allowed us to make a conclusion regarding its resistance to seismic effects. The seismic resistance of the equipment was estimated on the example of the K-1000-60 / 1500 steam turbine condenser, and calculated at a seismic intensity of 6 points on the MSK-64 seismic intensity scale. In the course of solving this problem, results of the stress distribution in the housing and other structural elements of the condenser due to the action of combined normal operation and design-basis seismic loads were obtained. The seismic resistance of the equipment was calculated using the finite element method. This allowed us to present a solid body in the form of a set of individual finite elements that interact with each other in a finite number of nodal points. To these points are applied some interaction forces that characterize the influence of the distributed internal stresses applied along the real boundaries of adjacent elements. To perform such a calculation in CAD modeling software, a three-dimensional model was created. The obtained geometric model was imported into the software package, which significantly reduced complexity. The use of the calculation method allows us to significantly reduce the amount of testing when confirming the seismic resistance of equipment. Results of the assessment of the spatial complex stress state of the steam turbine condenser design due to the action of combined normal operation and design-basis seismic loads are obtained.
Keywords: turbine, seismic resistance, stress, earthquake, accelerogram, finite element, natural frequency.
Full text: Download in PDF
- Palkov, I. & Palkov, S. (2020). Napruzheno-deformovanyi stan elementiv parovykh turbin v umovakh plastychnoho deformuvannia [Stress-strain state of steam turbine elements under conditions of plastic deformation]. Yaderna ta radiatsiina bezpeka – Nuclear and Radiation Safety, no. 4(88), pp. 14–17 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.32918/nrs.2020.4(88).02.
- (1991). GOST 17516.1 – 90. Izdeliya elektrotekhnicheskiye. Obshchiye trebovaniya v chasti stoykosti k mekhanicheskim vneshnim vozdeystvuyushchim faktoram [Electrical products. General requirements in terms of resistance to mechanical external factors]: Introduced 01.01.91. Moscow: Standartinform, 42 p. (in Russian).
- (2001). Normy proyektirovaniya seysmostoykikh atomnykh stantsiy NP-031-01 [Design standards for seismic resistant nuclear power plants: NP-031-01]. Moscow: Gosatomnadzor of Russia, 50 p. (in Russian).
- (2020). IEEE/IEC 60980-344-2020 – IEEE/IEC International Standard – Nuclear facilities – Equipment important to safety – Seismic qualification. PPUB, 82 p.
- Kirillov, A. P. & Ambriashvili, Yu. K. (1985). Seysmostoykost atomnykh elektrostantsiy [Seismic stability of nuclear power plants]. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 184 p. (in Russian).
- Gontarovskiy, P. P., Garmash, N. G., & Shulzhenko, N. G. (2016). Metodika rascheta dinamiki sistemy turboagregat-fundament-osnovaniye energoblokov pri seysmicheskikh vozdeystviyakh [Methods of calculating the dynamics of the system “turbo-aggregate-foundation-base” of power units under seismic impacts]. Vestnik NTU «KHPI». Seriya: Energeticheskiye i teplotekhnicheskiye protsessy i oborudovaniye – Bulletin of NTU “KhPI”. Series: Power and Heat Engineering Processes and Equipment, no. 8 (1180), pp. 153–160 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.20998/2078-774X.2016.08.22.
- Shulzhenko, M. H., Hontarovskyi, P. P., Harmash, N. H., Hliadia, A. O., Shvetsov, V. L., Hryshyn, M. M., & Hubskyi, O. M. (2016). Otsinka reaktsii potuzhnoho turboahrehatu na seismichne navantazhennia [Estimation of reaction of the powerful turbine unit to seismic loading]. Vibratsii v tekhnitsi ta tekhnolohiiakh – Vibration in Engineering and Technology, no. 2 (82), pp. 85–93 (in Ukrainian).
- De Grandis, S., Domaneschi, M., & Perotti, F. (2009). A numerical procedure for computing the fragility of NPP components under random seismic excitation. Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 239, iss. 11, pp. 2491–2499. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2009.06.027.
- Králik, J. (2011). Risk-based safety analysis of the seismic resistance of the NPP structures. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Structural Dynamics, EURODYN 2011. Leuven, Belgium, 4–6 July 2011, pp. 292–299. https://doi.org/10.13140/2.1.1075.3281.
- Belyayev, V. S., Kostarev, V. V., & Vasilyev, P. S. (2018). Metody i sredstva obespecheniya seysmostoykosti zdaniy i sooruzheniy, v sootvetstvii s deystvuyushchimi rossiyskimi normami [Methods and means of ensuring the seismic stability of buildings and structures in accordance with the current Russian norms]. OOO TSKTI-Vibroseysm – CKTI-Vibroseism Ltd., 5 pp. 1–5 (in Russian).
- Iiba, M. Kashima, T., & Morita, K. (2013). Behavior of seismically isolated buildings based on observed motion records during the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake. Proc., 13th World Conference on Seismic Isolation, Energy Dissipation and Active Vibration Control of Structures – commemorating JSSI 20th Anniversary, Sendai, Japan, September 2013, Paper No. 875925, pp. 272–283.
- Eltahawy, W., Ryan, K., Çeşmeci, Ş., & Gordaninejad, F. (2017). Fundamental dynamics of 3-dimensional seismic isolation. 16 th World Conf. on Earthquake, pp. 12–24.
- Morita, K. & Takayama, M. (2017). Behavior of seismically isolated buildings during the 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake. Proc. of the 2017 NZSEE conf., New Zealand, pp. 113–124.
- (1989). Normy rascheta na prochnost oborudovaniya i truboprovodov atomnykh energeticheskikh ustanovok (PNAE G-7-002-86) [Standards for strength calculation of equipment and pipelines of nuclear power plants (PNAE G-7-002-86)]: Gosatomenergonadzor of the USSR. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 525 p. (in Russian).
- Zenkevich, O. K. (1975). Metod konechnykh elementov v tekhnike [Finite element method in technology]. Moscow: Mir, 541 p. (in Russian).
- Kosyak, Yu. F. (1978). Paroturbinnyye ustanovki atomnykh elektrostantsiy [Steam turbine installations of nuclear power plants]. Moscow: Energiya, 312 p. (in Russian).
- Aronson, K. E., Blinkov, S. I., & Brezgin, V. I., by Brodov, M. (eds). (2003). Teploobmenniki energeticheskikh ustanovok [Heat exchangers of power plants]. Yekaterinburg: Sokrat, 968 p. (in Russian).
- Shakirzyanov, R. A. & Shakirzyanov, F. R. (2015). Dinamika i ustoychivost sooruzheniy [Dynamics and stability of structures]. Kazan: Kazan University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, 120 p. (in Russian).
- (1981). Oborudovaniye atomnykh energeticheskikh ustanovok. Raschet na prochnost pri seysmicheskom vozdeystvii: RTM 108.020.37 – 81 [Equipment for nuclear power plants. Strength calculation under seismic impact: RTM 108.020.37-81]: Introduced on 04.06.81. Leningrad: NPO Central Boiler and Turbine Institute, 39 p. (in Russian).
- Tsema, A. D. (1986). Issledovaniye seysmostoykosti nasosnykh agregatov tipa KsV [Research of seismic resistance of pumping units of the KsV type]. Energomashinostroyeniye – Power Engineering, no. 9, pp. 26–28 (in Russian).
- Turenko, A. N., Bogomolov, V. A., & Stepchenko, A. S. et all. (2003). Kompyuternoye proyektirovaniye i raschet na prochnost detaley avtomobilya [Computer design and strength calculation of car parts]. Kharkiv: Kharkiv Automobile and Highway University, 336 p. (in Russian).
- Klovanich, S. F. (2009). Metod konechnykh elementov v nelineynykh zadachakh inzhenernoy mekhaniki [The finite element method in nonlinear problems of engineering mechanics]. Zaporozhye: Mir geotekhniki, 400 p. (in Russian).
- Biderman, V. L. (2017). Teoriya mekhanicheskikh kolebaniy [Theory of mechanical vibrations]. Moscow: Lenand, 405 p. (in Russian).
Received 21 May 2021
Published 30 June 2021