|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol 21, No 2, 2018 (June)|
O. V. Tretiak, SE ‘Plant ‘Electrotyazhmash’, National Aerospace University named after N. Ye. Zhukovsky ‘KHAI’, Kharkiv, Ukraine, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A detailed review of the existing design of brush contact devices for 200 MW to 600 MW turbo-generators is performed. The peculiarities of brush contact devices working in tandem with turbo-generators of various firms are considered. The main causes of damage are indicated and the ways of development and improvement of the existing design are indicated. An analysis of the methods of calculating heat releases in a brush contact device caused by heat releases of different nature was performed. The most optimal variant of estimation of the influence of a contact spot and quality of brushes on the value of heat releases is specified. The possibility of performing a three-dimensional computation, using the results of the analytical computation together with the CFD method, is shown. For the first time, a computation was performed and an improved method was developed for determining the thermal state of a brush contact device for high and medium-power turbo-generators. It is shown that the temperature values obtained as a result of simulating the thermal state of a brush contact device in the SolidWorks Flow Simulation environment meet the requirements for newly designed electric machines. As criteria for the convergence of the solution, the following values for volume were chosen: minimum, average, and maximum static pressure, average mass flow rate; average heat flux on the indicated surfaces. The calculation was performed until the convergence criterion was reached and at least three purges of the computation area were executed. The calculated error does not exceed the measuring error, which makes it possible to evaluate the operability of a brush contact device at the design stages, and the values obtained do not exceed the maximum permissible temperatures in accordance with the requirements of the normative and technical documentation.
Keywords: brush contact device, thermal state, three-dimensional setting
Full text: Download in PDF
- Khutoretskiy, G. М., Tokov, M. I. & Tolvinskaya, Ye. V. (1987). Proektirovanie turbogeneratorov. [Turbogenerators Designing]. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat Leningr. Dep. (in Russian).
- Alekseev, A. Ye. (1958). Konstruktsiya elektricheskikh mashin. [Electrical Machines Design]. Moscow: State Energetical Publishing House (in Russian).
- Danilevich, Ya. B. & Kasharskiy, E. G. (1963). Dobavochnye poteri v elektricheskikh mashinakh [Additional Losses in Electrical Machines]. Moscow: State Energetical Publishing House (in Russian).
- TU 16-ILEA.685211.037TU-88 [ES 16-ILEA.685211.037ES-88] (in Russian).
- Samorodov, Yu. N. (2005). Defekty i neispravnosti generatorov [Defects and Faults of Generators]. Moscow: NTF ‘Energoprogress’ (in Russian).
- Ilin, А. V., Plokhov, I. V., Kozyreva О. & Andrusich А. V. (2014). Trekhmernoe modelirovanie nestatsionarnogo temperaturnogo polya v mikrokontakte [Three-Dimensional Modeling of Non-Stationary Temperature Field in Micro-Contact]. Bulletin of Pskov SU. Ser. Economical and Technical Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 208–214 (in Russian).
- Morozov, А. G. (1977). Raschet elektricheskikh mashin postoyannogo toka: ucheb posobie dlya vtuzov [Calculation of Direct Current Electrical Machines / Educational Aid for Technical Colleges]. Pub 2-nd, Updated and Revised. Moscow, ‘Higher School’ (in Russian).
- Bak, О. (1961). Proektirovanie i raschet ventilyatorov Gosudarstvennoe nauchno-tekhnicheskoe izdatelstvo literatury po gornomu delu [Designing and Calculation of Fans]. Moscow: State Scientific-Technical Publishing of Literature on Mining Engineering (in Russian).
- Aliamovskiy, А. А. (2010). Inzhenernye raschety v SolidWorks Simulation [Engineering Calculations in SolidWorks Simulation]. Moscow: DMK Press. (in Russian).
Received: 8 May 2018