|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 19, no. 1, 2016 (March)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2016, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 37-43|
O. M. Lytvyn, Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy (16, Universitetskaya St., Kharkiv, 61003, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
O. V. Slavik, Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy (16, Universitetskaya St., Kharkiv, 61003, Ukraine)
A review of the existing methods for the automatic detection of ruptures in digital images is conducted. Two methods for detecting surface ruptures defined by a function of two variables are given. A new method for finding the lines of discontinuity of a function of two variables (which describes a surface) or its derivative of some order is proposed.
Keywords: image segmentation, ε-continuity, dε -continuity, dkε -continuity
- Gruzman, I. S., Kirichuk, V. S., Kosyih V. P., Peretyagin, G. I., Spektor, A. A. (2000). Digital image processing in information systems. Novosibirsk State Technical University, 168 p.
- Shrivakshan, G. & Chandrasekar, C. (2012). A Comparison of various Edge Detection Techniques used in Image Processing. International Journal of Computer Science Issues, vol. 9, pp. 269–276.
- Jähne, B., Scharr, H., & Körkel, S. (1999). Principles of filter design. Handbook of Computer Vision and Applications, pp. 125–152.
- Muthukrishman, R. & Radha, M. (2011). Edge Detection Techniques for Image Segmentation. International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology, vol. 3, pp. 259-267. https://doi.org/10.5121/ijcsit.2011.3620
- Maini R. & Aggrwal, H. (2009) Study and Comparison of Various Image Edge Detection Techniques. International Journal of Image Processing, vol. 3, pp. 1–12.
- Pershina, Y. I. (2015). Discontinuous splines theory and its application in computed tomography: diss. dr. phys.-math. sci. 385 p.
- Nefedova, V. (2014). Choosing the optimal basis functions and components in the finite element method (rectangular elements) in the mathematical modeling of heat distribution: dis. cand. phys.-math. sci. 167 p.
Received 28 January 2016
Published 30 March 2016