J. of Mech. Eng., 2016, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 51-56
|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 19, no. 4, 2016 (December)|
V. E. Budanov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com
O. V. Budanov, Institute of Radio Astronomy of the NASU (4, Mystetstv St., Kharkiv, 61002, Ukraine),
N. N. Suslov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A classic electrodynamic theory of the Aronov-Bohm effect is constructed, in which the principle of virtual work is used to establish the force acting on a point charge. The found value of the transverse impulse acquired by an electron passing an infinitely long solenoid differs in sign from the known impulse calculated by the quantum-mechanical method. The need for new correctly set experiments is substantiated.
Keywords: Aronov-Bohm effect, virtual work principle
- Feynman, R. P., Leighton, R. B., & Sands, M. (1989). The Feynman Lectures on Physics. Redwood City, CA, Addison-Wesley.
- Chirkov, A. G. & Ageev, A. N. (2001). On the nature of the Aharonov-Bohm effect. Technical Physics. The Russian Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 46, pp. 147–153. https://doi.org/10.1134/1.1349267
- Budanov, V. E. (1992). On one equivalent formulation of the foundations of the Faraday-Maxwell electrodynamics. National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU, Preprint no. 362, 47 p.
- Afanasiev, G. N. (1990). Old and new problems in the theory of the Aharonov-Bohm effect. Physics of Elementary Particles and Atomic Nuclei, vol. 21, iss. 1, pp. 172–250.
- Budanov, V. E., Budanov, O. V., & Suslov, N. N. (2016). On the energy of a magnetostatic field. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 37–43. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2016.02.037
- Feinberg, E. L. (1963). On the ‘special role’ of the electromagnetic potentials in quantum mechanics. Soviet Physics Uspekhi, vol. 5, 753–760. https://doi.org/10.1070/PU1963v005n05ABEH003453
- Budanov, V. E. & Budanov, O. V. (2011). A virtual work principle in the theory of the Aharonov-Bohm effect. National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU, Preprint no. 404, 24 p.
Received 06 August 2016