|Journal||Journal of Mechanical Engineering|
|Publisher||A. Podgorny Institute for Mechanical Engineering Problems
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
|ISSN||0131-2928 (Print), 2411-0779 (Online)|
|Issue||Vol. 19, no. 4, 2016 (December)|
|Cited by||J. of Mech. Eng., 2016, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 51-56|
V. E. Budanov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: email@example.com
O. V. Budanov, Institute of Radio Astronomy of the NASU (4, Mystetstv St., Kharkiv, 61002, Ukraine),
N. N. Suslov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU (2/10, Pozharsky St., Kharkiv, 61046, Ukraine), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A classic electrodynamic theory of the Aronov-Bohm effect is constructed, in which the principle of virtual work is used to establish the force acting on a point charge. The found value of the transverse impulse acquired by an electron passing an infinitely long solenoid differs in sign from the known impulse calculated by the quantum-mechanical method. The need for new correctly set experiments is substantiated.
Keywords: Aronov-Bohm effect, virtual work principle
- Feynman, R. P., Leighton, R. B., & Sands, M. (1989). The Feynman Lectures on Physics. Redwood City, CA, Addison-Wesley.
- Chirkov, A. G. & Ageev, A. N. (2001). On the nature of the Aharonov-Bohm effect. Technical Physics. The Russian Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 46, pp. 147–153. https://doi.org/10.1134/1.1349267
- Budanov, V. E. (1992). On one equivalent formulation of the foundations of the Faraday-Maxwell electrodynamics. National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU, Preprint no. 362, 47 p.
- Afanasiev, G. N. (1990). Old and new problems in the theory of the Aharonov-Bohm effect. Physics of Elementary Particles and Atomic Nuclei, vol. 21, iss. 1, pp. 172–250.
- Budanov, V. E., Budanov, O. V., & Suslov, N. N. (2016). On the energy of a magnetostatic field. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 37–43. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2016.02.037
- Feinberg, E. L. (1963). On the ‘special role’ of the electromagnetic potentials in quantum mechanics. Soviet Physics Uspekhi, vol. 5, 753–760. https://doi.org/10.1070/PU1963v005n05ABEH003453
- Budanov, V. E. & Budanov, O. V. (2011). A virtual work principle in the theory of the Aharonov-Bohm effect. National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkov, A. Podgorny Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of NASU, Preprint no. 404, 24 p.
Received 06 August 2016
Published 30 December 2016